Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

LSU Football & Les Miles

Michchamp

USA Today's original investigation into LSU apparently burying sexual assault allegations against athletes has now ensnared Les Miles (link):
Les Miles was accused of texting female students, taking them to his condo alone, making them feel uncomfortable and, on at least one occasion, kissing a student and suggesting they go to a hotel after telling her he could help her career, according to an internal investigative report released by LSU on Thursday.

The investigation, done by law firm Taylor Porter on behalf of LSU in 2013, did not find that Miles had sexual relationships with any of the women. But it found his behavior inappropriate. Miles strongly denied kissing the girl, according to the report. He said that he did nothing wrong and was simply mentoring young women at the university.

Miles also was accused by athletic department staff of saying that the female student workers who helped the football team lure top recruits needed to be attractive, blonde and fit, according to the investigative report. Existing student employees who did not meet this criteria should be given fewer hours or terminated, the report details.
I assume you could find a similar story told at many - if not most - other FBS programs. I'm SURE KU could've gotten this dirt on Miles before they hired him and made him the highest paid public employee in the state if they really cared to...

I predict that by 2030, the only people who still be able to stomach watching college football will be rapists, wife beaters, and/or convicted violent felons.

I predict that by 2030, the only people who still be able to stomach watching college football will be rapists, wife beaters, and/or convicted violent felons.

As opposed to what other sport? I heard that by 2030, all sports will be dominated by elite athletes identifying as whatever they have to to gain access to the sport, so this type of recruiting should afflict most sports right?

Miles strongly denied kissing the girl, according to the report. He said that he did nothing wrong and was simply mentoring young women at the university. This is the best response. This is total lawyer speak. He had to of learned this by the many years of watching Law and Order SVU.

Yeah, michchamp, you might want to add a couple more sports to that list. At this rate. it'll be back to curling and bowling like it was in the good ole days on ESPN.

Also, to add(we've always known), if the media don't get that LSU is probably the biggest scumbag school on the planet, then I guess there is nothing more that they do for people to notice. They knew about this and Miles was still employed long after. Their athletics are way beyond corrupt. The basketball program still hasn't had anything major(only self imposed sanctions and coach is still there) done to it after their payment of players.

Yeah, michchamp, you might want to add a couple more sports to that list. At this rate. it'll be back to curling and bowling like it was in the good ole days on ESPN.

then all these meatheads will migrate to those sports and ruin them.

Back