Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Matt Ishbia paying $6K to every MSU B Ball and Football player

So even the 100th player on the football team? Just giving away money.

Last edited:
I wonder how long before Ishbia gets hit with a title IX suit by Spartan women athletes for discriminating against them. What if a player ends up with a DUI or battery charge? Their endorsement tweets aren't not going to be a good look for UWM.

I wonder how long before Ishbia gets hit with a title IX suit by Spartan women athletes for discriminating against them. What if a player ends up with a DUI or battery charge? Their endorsement tweets aren't not going to be a good look for UWM.

Title IX doesn?t apply to endorsement deals.

This is the same deal as the Miami football gig, basically just helping the profile of the team. Matt Ishbia is worth $11 Billion, this is a drop in the bucket. And players are signing other deals too, so this $500 a month is basically their base now. I?d imagine almost anyone on the team could make another $500, so $1000 a month to live on is decent for a college kid whose room and board are paid for fully.

Well, if it?s a typical Spartan season, that?ll be about half of them, so no one of them will stand out from the others.

Now, if one of them goes to jail for shooting himself in his own ass while out clubbing - people may notice that.

Title IX doesn?t apply to endorsement deals.

This is the same deal as the Miami football gig, basically just helping the profile of the team. Matt Ishbia is worth $11 Billion, this is a drop in the bucket. And players are signing other deals too, so this $500 a month is basically their base now. I?d imagine almost anyone on the team could make another $500, so $1000 a month to live on is decent for a college kid whose room and board are paid for fully.

Anyone can sue anyone for anything. It will be up to the courts to decide what applies and what doesn?t. It?s illegal for corporations to discriminate based on sex and if they?re making the same payment to the 100th guy on the football team as they are to the first, it seems like it may not be so hard for higher profile athletes in other sports to make a discrimination case. They don?t even have to be right, all they have to do is accuse UWM of gender discrimination and give them some bad publicity.

Edit: looks like they?re already drawing some attention. As MSU-UWM deal changes college sports landscape, where are the women?. And Matt Ishbia is a billionaire but the number is closer to 6 now that the stock is down 46% from the highs.

Last edited:
Anyone can sue anyone for anything. It will be up to the courts to decide what applies and what doesn?t. It?s illegal for corporations to discriminate based on sex and if they?re making the same payment to the 100th guy on the football team as they are to the first, it seems like it may not be so hard for higher profile athletes in other sports to make a discrimination case. They don?t even have to be right, all they have to do is accuse UWM of gender discrimination and give them some bad publicity.

Edit: looks like they?re already drawing some attention. As MSU-UWM deal changes college sports landscape, where are the women?. And Matt Ishbia is a billionaire but the number is closer to 6 now that the stock is down 46% from the highs.

I was going to reply to your post #3 that I?m sure the process has already started.

Last edited:
Back