Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan lands grad transfer QB from Texas Tech

Competition prevents complacency. May the best QB prove himself deserving of starting without any second guessing. That would likely require UM to be undefeated and win the NC. ;)

Competition can prevent complacency, sure. That is true.

Or, it can shake the QB's confidence, leaving him feeling under a microscope & worried he'll to lose his job if he makes a mistake, which turns into a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Never know which one will happen... but for our star-crossed program, the worse case scenario usually plays out.

May the best QB win the job

That being said, I hope it is Cade or JJ. I'm tired of people complaining about transfer quarterbacks, as if it is a thing. This is the way of college football now. People need to get with the times.

I have a feeling that the best QB will be the one on the bench to most fans.

This move was necessary for depth. This guy looks like an upgrade to Milton if he can stay healthy.

Hmm wonder what was said to him? Doesn't seem like guys would want to transfer to another school if they were told they're just coming for "depth".

We'll see how it shakes out but like everyone else I'm hoping one of the young guys grabs the job and runs with it.

My bet is JH promised him the opportunity to compete, that is all that was promised.

Any QB who has his confidence shaken by this as opposed to stepping up and playing through the adversity of competing is not going to be a QB who has their confidence shaken on the field when the game does not go their way. QBs have to be mentally the toughest players on the field otherwise they will fail to lead the team to victory. Just the requirement to be QB in today's game.

Depth is always good but it’s nothing to get excited about in my opinion.

Depth is always good but it?s nothing to get excited about in my opinion.

Don't worry. You can start getting excited when the spring hype train leaves the station like it does every year.

"We haven't had a QB room this good since Tom Brady and Drew Henson were together!".

It's coming. You know it.

Back