Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

My Post Regular Season Off-Season Plan

Forget Bijan and give me best LB available. Snag Sydney Browns brother Chase Brown in the draft and I'd be extremely happy.

I am usually a big proponent of positional value in the draft so I would typically shy away from drafting RBs early. As I mentioned before, I just think Bijan is that good or a RB. He is the 4th best player in this class behind Anderson, Carter, and Young.

Last year Holmes was talking about Jamo and how he was a game changer and that?s why they made the move for him. Bijan is on that type of level as a game changer.

Bijan at 18 will be like Okudah at 3 or Ebron, Hock at 10, 9 expectations. He better be a top 3 RB.

I think we will know in free agency though. If they re-sign Jamaal or another vet back to decent money, Bijan is probably off the table. I guess they could double down and assume Swift hits free agency next offseason though too. But how would you split Bijan, Swift and Jamaal back field. I know Swift gets hurt alot so maybe not an issue but I think the defense will have BPA and need based players at 18 even if Bijan is the top great RB.

We haven't used swift nearly enough. Ya he got injured. But I honestly think duce held him back. The guy needs touches. Williams was terrible between the 20s this year. The only reason I'd Resign him is for his leadership. Swift needs to become the guy.

We haven't used swift nearly enough. Ya he got injured. But I honestly think duce held him back. The guy needs touches. Williams was terrible between the 20s this year. The only reason I'd Resign him is for his leadership. Swift needs to become the guy.

Really think it was due to the injuries they held him back so much and how he was playing to avoid rushing inside or being hesitant. Jamaal was fine/solid. 11th in rushing yards over 1,000 so he did some things between the 20s including the tough yardage.

Would love Swift to be a 250 carry 5 YPC back but that's just not him in terms of workload. He can be a big time weapon though and I hope he is healthy and they use him a little more though. But pros and cons to using him more in the passing game too as you get less blitz protection. Rushing you are hoping for chunk plays with him, not grind out drives.

Last edited:

run him into the ground next year and then dump him. Definitely draft someone this year.

run him into the ground next year and then dump him. Definitely draft someone this year.

Could be the plan but we'll see if the re-sign Jamaal (262 carries staying healthy). Rookie pick 18/Round 2 RB getting 150 carries and Swift 150 carries could happen too. If Swift is healthy and performing, he'll get over 200 carries.

New RB coach from the Colts who ran Jonathan Taylor into the ground (as did the Badgers before though). Though Deuce staley was a workhorse for the Eagles in his career that played through injury (when not hurt missing games one year it seems). They wanted to give Jamaal carries though and he got plenty. They signed Jamaal to get those tough carries (262) due to not overworking Swift after his injury/missing games. And Taylor got hurt this year so it 2021 Taylor use could have been one of the reasons 2022 Taylor got hurt.

Last edited:
Back