Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New England Cuts Newton

Just hit the wire a few minutes ago.

I expect that one reason is that NE does not want to implement diametrically opposed offensive schemes and they want the offense to be adapted to Mac Jones.

Race will be brought up when it comes to Cam Newton and his not having a starting job?.but his last 5 seasons?.62 games?..his yards per attempt is under 7. His TD/INT ratio is 73/54 and he has a QBR under 50. He hasn?t been a good QB for a long time.

He?s a solid backup at best at this stage of his career.

Race will be brought up when it comes to Cam Newton and his not having a starting job?.but his last 5 seasons?.62 games?..his yards per attempt is under 7. His TD/INT ratio is 73/54 and he has a QBR under 50. He hasn?t been a good QB for a long time.

He?s a solid backup at best at this stage of his career.

Apparently "they say" there is "demand" for Newton among the NFL.

Lions would be a team that would potentially upgrade their backup QB position by adding Newton.

But Jax would likely be a better option as his style and TL's seem similar enough that Newton could help TL better understand what he is seeing and be an almost seemless guy off the bench when needed.

There probably is.....as a backup. Nobody want's that guy as a starter.

What starter is he better than??

Fitzpatrick?? No
Hurts?? Probably not
Dalton?? No
Goff?? No

But he is better than a lot of backups. It's just weather his ego will allow him to be a backup at this point or not. He could play another 3-5 years if he wants to make $3M/year as a back up QB.

I'd do it.

There probably is.....as a backup. Nobody want's that guy as a starter.

What starter is he better than??

Fitzpatrick?? No
Hurts?? Probably not
Dalton?? No
Goff?? No

But he is better than a lot of backups. It's just weather his ego will allow him to be a backup at this point or not. He could play another 3-5 years if he wants to make $3M/year as a back up QB.

I'd do it.

Kind of off topic but you say no to Fitz/Dalton/Goff but probably not to Hurts. I think Hurts has a much higher floor than those other three and will have a better season than them by a country mile in 2021.

Back