Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New helmets?

Jessica

I don't know where my friend found this picture, I saw it on her FB, but I have to say that as much as I love our traditional helmets, I think these are pretty bad ass!

407101_2893406209003_1075734188_32258874_817391130_n.jpg

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Seen em on twitter awhile ago. Pretty sure they're fake.

Yeah, I didn't know where the pic came from, I just saw it on FB and liked them. Haha

Too bad they're fake, I dig 'em. :)

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure that these are part of a group of fake nike pro combat helmets someone made a couple months ago. They made some for most of the major teams; Michigan included.

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
I'm pretty sure that these are part of a group of fake nike pro combat helmets someone made a couple months ago. They made some for most of the major teams; Michigan included.

Makes sense. I missed all of those floating around. Haha, my bad ;)

I like the one on the left. Just needs the number on the side.

i too never want change

we are iconic - why mess with perfection and image known worldwide

FTR, I never said I wanted them to change, I just said I liked those.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Am I the only one who never wants Michigan's helmets and uniforms to change?

I think the helmet at least should always be the same. No need to fix what aint broken as the saying goes. We don't need to turn into Maryland (UnderArmor stupidity) or Oregon (Nike bullshit) when we already have the most iconic and respected design in football.

Players on the team already use that kind of helmet(Fitz). You don't mess with the most iconic uniform in all of sports.

the ones on the left really aren't much different. The helmets just look more metallic.

Does anyone know for sure if the helmet numbers are staying? I haven't heard anything about it.

People talk about tradition but the uniform has changed quite a bit over the years.

And in just 2011 (Bowl game too), MICHIGAN wor FIVE jerseys -- UTL, SpartyBumbleBeeDiaster, SugarBowl, Reg Home & Reg Away. I'd be SHOCKED if there weren't some fake new jerseys for Dallas too.

Prior to Dave Brandon the only changes were a block M on the sleeve, a stripe on the sleeve, and maize piping. It was cool for a game and got out of hand. I hope they never come back.

Back