Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Nightmare Scenario

zyxt9

This occurred to me when Iowa lost and I realized Cincy will likely move to #2 this week...

If 1 loss Bama beats Georgia in the SEC CG, then undefeated Cincy potentially moves to #1, so they would be in the playoffs. Especially if all other contenders have 2 losses, which is still possible. In B1G it would involve winner of UM v MSU losing to PSU and OSU while loser beats winner of PSU vs OSU. In this situation, I believe OSU plays Iowa and beats them in B1G CG, so all B1G options have 2 losses.

The ACCs best team is already 2 loss Clemson, they are out. PAC can easily get 2 losses as their best team. Oklahoma I still think will lose 2 games, so B12 has 2 losses.

This means Cincy, Georgia, and Bama are in playoffs. The true nightmarish part would be ND joining them on potentially their only loss being to Cincy.

So, there you have my Nightmare Scenario where I will once again not be watching the playoffs. Why will I not root for Cincy? Solely because their coach is out of the untrustworthy OSU ranks so I am suspect that Cincy is running a clean program. If it was not for him, they would have my support.

So maybe Georgia since it has been a long ti.e since their last NC. But that requires supporting an SEC school...NOT happening.

This occurred to me when Iowa lost and I realized Cincy will likely move to #2 this week...

If 1 loss Bama beats Georgia in the SEC CG, then undefeated Cincy potentially moves to #1, so they would be in the playoffs. Especially if all other contenders have 2 losses, which is still possible. In B1G it would involve winner of UM v MSU losing to PSU and OSU while loser beats winner of PSU vs OSU. In this situation, I believe OSU plays Iowa and beats them in B1G CG, so all B1G options have 2 losses.

The ACCs best team is already 2 loss Clemson, they are out. PAC can easily get 2 losses as their best team. Oklahoma I still think will lose 2 games, so B12 has 2 losses.

This means Cincy, Georgia, and Bama are in playoffs. The true nightmarish part would be ND joining them on potentially their only loss being to Cincy.

So, there you have my Nightmare Scenario where I will once again not be watching the playoffs. Why will I not root for Cincy? Solely because their coach is out of the untrustworthy OSU ranks so I am suspect that Cincy is running a clean program. If it was not for him, they would have my support.

So maybe Georgia since it has been a long ti.e since their last NC. But that requires supporting an SEC school...NOT happening.

A lot has to happen in your scenario.

MSU & UM have 0 losses
OSU, PSU, & Iowa all have 1 loss.

I think one of those teams will end the year with only 1 loss and end up in the top 4

Last edited:

There's still too much football left to play. Worry about this stuff in a month. I mean, Wake Forest is still undefeated, for Pete's sake.

I do kinda wonder about Fickell's success at UC... maybe he's a solid coach, maybe not. He is a Jim Tressel protege, and like his mentor, it's not really possible to judge him on his merits unless he manages to win outside of the state of Ohio. His record at OSU is not long enough to judge.

Are OSU boosters doing him a favor, like steering kids OSU doesn't want to UC to keep them away from other Big Ten opponents?

It's a win/win move for OSU... plus it mends any fences the administration there had with Fickell after pushing him out. Unless they meet in the playoffs, they're not on any future Ohio State schedule.

What playoff? Are you talking about the plus one postseason?

LOL...nice!

Though, since the plus 1 is the March Madness thing, this should be called Plus 2 since they winner of the NC has to play 2 games?

Back