Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Official Michigan v. Wisconsin score prediction THREAD

Michchamp

Who: The University of Michigan Football Team and The University of Wisconsin Football Team

What: Play a football game

When: Saturday, October 2, 2021, NOON Eastern

Where: Madison, WI, or at home in your living room, televised nationally on FOX

Why: I do not know.

Michigan is 4-0, and looked solid through the first 3 1/2 games, until the lackluster 2nd half against Rutgers.

Wisconsin is 1-2, with their only win against a decent EMU team (currently 3-1). THey suffered a close loss at home to PennSt early in the year (in a mistake-filled game), and a bad loss (41-13) to ND last weekend. The Badgers actually lead that one 13-10 early in the 4th Q, before completely collapsing amidst a flurry of INTs & Pick-6s, surrendering 31 PTS to ND over the games last 14:00.

Wisconsin actually OUTGAINED ND, 318 Yards to 248, and held ND to only nine (9) yards rushing, which really underlines how terrible their QB, Mertz, played.

Nevertheless, most people are predicting this to be a close game, given how our forte has been running the ball, and Wisconsin has the nation's #1 ranked rush defense, and #2 overall defense. This game might come down to who throws more INTs...

LINE: VEGAS likes Wisconsin, by a bit... consensus puts the Badgers as a 1 1/2 pt. favorite, with an o/u of 43 1/2.

There's one person who likes us better than we like ourselves: Sagarin has us ranked #4, with the 20th toughest SOS so far, and would give us a 7 pt edge in this one (he has UW #30, with the 3rd toughest).

This one is hard to call... presumably both teams will struggle to move the ball, and so field position & turnovers may play a HUGE role in the outcome.

But go ahead and post your predictions nevertheless, along with a bit of analysis if you so choose, but... save the woofing and barking for other threads!

1. A.J. Henning returns a punt for a TD.
2. Cade opens up the run game by throwing for 3 TDs.
3. Corum takes advantage of the passing game opening running lanes and gets 150 yards and 2 TDs.
4. Haskins and Edwards also get a TD.
5. UM wins 59-13.

Last edited:
I have no idea what to expect, and I'm fully prepared to be disappointed... but I'll go with:

UMich: 16 (3 FGs)
UWisc: 10

I don't see the O/U of 43 1/2 being realistic, unless Wisconsin's offense plays like a turnover machine again, and I don't think we'll be a lucky recipient of that, like ND was.

I believe we've scored 2 defensive TDs since the 2012 season, so I'm not getting my hopes up that we can pull off multiple defensive TDs in one game like NDSucks did against Wisconsin. I'm expecting this to be a low scoring slog where our offensive staff is determined to prove they are the team that can run between the tackles vs Wisconsin's defense. Because MANBALL!!!
bang-head-against-brick-wall.jpg

I know it's not a vintage Wisconsin o-line, but please do not let them plow our d-line into the core of the earth for the third straight year!

Michigan - 13
Wisconsin - 10

Last edited:
What I'm hoping for.....Michigan 21 Wisconsin 17

What I think will actually happen. Wisconsin 34 Michigan 13

Wisconsin needs a win bad, and they always get up for us. We dont' exactly have a stellar track record in tough road games either. I'm very concerned we won't be able to run the ball like we have been and Wisconsin just starts pulling away early. This is the classic reality check game for folks drinking the kool-aid on an undefeated start against mediocre at best teams.

But....hoping for the best.

Pretty close, nice prediction!

Thanks.

As Michigan was pulling away, I was starting to think that your prediction was the best; you were the only one who predicted any kind of domination.

But nothing that look like domination happened until into the fourth quarter.

I think that jump around kind of backfired on Wisconsin. It looks like our guys were the ones who are getting fired up from it.

Yeah, seeing UM actively jumping around and using it against Wisky was a beautiful sight!

Was glad they got the 3 TDs passing. Frustrated like everyone else that they didn't play their best. The Hill sack was the game changing Play of the Game. Up till then Hill was getting targeted on some of the pass plays. The sack was payback with a beautifully clean hit that when the flag came out I was worried about a Targeting or Roughing call, but that was a perfectly clean hit thankfully.

The final score was Michigan 38-Wisconsin 17, for a 21 pt. margin of victory.

Our picks were generally conservative; Tinsel predicted an 8 pt Michigan win, which was the closest to that. Congrats to him for winning this week's thread.

Had Wisconsin not scored that TD in garbage time, zyxt's pic would have been the closest by 2 pts.

I give myself a gold star & the Detroit Sports Forum Medal of Honor for correctly predicting we'd kick three field goals. You should all thank me for your freedom & my service.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back