Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Official Michigan vs. Indiana Score Prediction Thread

Michchamp

Saturday October 8, 2022 in Bloomington, Indiana at NOON Eastern - #4 Michigan versus Indiana - Be There Or Be Square!

...Or Be Like Me, and Watch On TV! (FOX as usual...)

Current Line: UM -22.5 with a 59 o/u

Gazing into Sagarin's crystal ball... we see Michigan cruising to a 20 pt. win.

About Our Opponent:

I like to refer to Indiana as "the South of the North" along with their neighbor Ohio.

While the state has produced some decent human beings, it's also produced more than it's share of people we'd be better off without.

Indiana-University-Head-Coach-Bob-Knight-Throws-Chair-On-Court.gif

Seriously who throws a chair?

hqdefault.jpg

And they also have their own way of spelling things...

hqdefault.jpg

Hey, What about Football?
So far this year, they're not in the cellar of the Big Ten East, but likely heading there since they have to play their two fellow-cellar-dwellers on the road in East Lansing and East Rutherford. They started the season 3-0, ekeing out a close win against a potentially decent Illinois team (the Illini really shit the bed in that one), before two close wins against Idaho (Sagarin ranked 130th) and Western KY (80th). More recently they've been throttled at Cincinnati and at Nebraska... so they are not a good team.

Statistically, Indiana really doesn't do anything well on either side of the ball... their rushing offense is lousy (116th) and their passing efficiency is lousier (122nd). Their run defense is 69th, and their team PED is even worse than Mel Tucker's (105th) at 116.

How about the Leaders and Best? We are in the Top 15 in each of those categories.

Record Book:
All time, we are 60-10 against Indiana (we've won 25 of the last 26). Their 10 wins are mostly sprinkled here and there through the decades prior to Bo's arrival in Ann Arbor.

While the series has been one-sided, it did produce one of the most memorable highlights in Michigan history:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiJFY_590oM&list=RDLVAEF6edfexco&index=5

We are 19-2 in Memorial Stadium... one of those losses was 1987 when Bill Mallory was coaching there, and the other was during Bizarro Season, 2020, when this man was coaching there:

hart7.jpg

He is back home now, and we're all happy about that.

Woofing? Barking? Leave those for the other threads... make your predictions below, and post a bit of analysis if you so choose.

I'm going to go with:

Michigan...40
Indiana.....20

We give up another garbage-time TD to keep it within 3 scores.

First time I'm not going to the Michigan at IU game since 1990. It's my wife's birthday weekend (today's her birthday), so we'll be watching the game at home and then going out to celebrate after Michigan wins. I have a feeling this game might look a lot like the game in 2000 where A-Train, Chris Perry, and Ryan Beard all averaged over 6 YPC and we trounced IU 58-0.

Michigan - 58
IU - 0

well, happy birthday mrswolverines24

looking at Indiana's record, I think they stink. Only winning by 3 vs Western KY, getting blown out @ Cinci, and by 2 TDs @ a bad Nebraska team. This should be a blowout.

UM 49
IU 13

MICHIGAN - 38
Loosiers - 9

And like Knight, when I die I?d like to be buried upside down ?.so that all of my critics can KISS MY ASS!

hahaha

Trap game, no prediction

Pat Forde called this as well, but said Indiana was just not good enough to pull off an actual upset.

Seems to me they'd really have to play out of their heads to even give us much of a game. But stranger things have happened... and as Forde points out, last year one of our two "WTF?" results was in week 6 (@Nebraska). the other was Week 4 vs. Rutgers. That would be MD this year. and now @ IU after a big road win against a solid BTW team.

Back