Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Oh man, Lawyers are so great

Michchamp

Yesterday I got a check for $397 from the Facebook Biometric Information Privacy Litigation class action settlement.

I totally forgot about it. Must've filled out the claim form a couple years ago.

Lawyers, man! So great! At least the class action ones are... not the chumps that defend facebook (aka "Meta")

Time to party... going to the liquor store today.

I highly recommend joining every class action suit you can. Small checks add up and offset all the price gouging we're subjected to on a regular basis. If not, you're just a chump and an imbecile.

I joined one against Restoration Hardware once - don't recall what they did or how it disadvantaged me - and got a 40% discount card that ended up expiring because we didn't need anything at the time.

My parents joined the same suit and ended up using it to get something like $12k of furniture for less than $5k when it was combined with other deals. Oddly enough, they called me a couple weeks ago and asked us if we wanted the furniture because they're replacing it after a couple years so we could end up getting it for the cost of shipping.

They would give it to us for free regardless of what they paid for it plus I can afford my own liquor (and furniture) so as far as I'm concerned lawyers are still the scum of the earth.

Last edited:
$650M settlement...so those altruistic lawyers probably got a cool $200M. I'll bet they bought more that a few bottles of liquor.

I?ve gotten some notices related to being overcharged by Hertz years ago at SAN or something

Good for them!

yeah, f that income inequality you're always going on about. Why would you care that a handful of lawyers made $20-$40mm each - they're handing out almost $400 checks to subsidize your liquor consumption for a couple months. Woohoo! Please, tell us more about how CEOs and their mega yachts are ripping off the middle class and poor and turning America into a 3rd world shit hole and these blood sucking leaches you're lionizing are heroes. It's almost impossible for someone to step in their own shit as often as you do on this board.

Bump: another facebook class action, another settlement check (LINK).

This one's available to anyone who had a facebook account from 2007-2022. The longer you were active in that window, the bigger your check.

Who's everyone's favorite poster?

Who else actually puts cash in YOUR pocket, instead of just re-posting dumb shit from the internet?

oh sweet. I can get about $3

Meanwhile, some individual law firm is going to get about $220M

Lawyers are so great!

I heard some law firm this morning soliciting for people to sue Instagram for causing teens to "ideate" "suicidal thoughts".

oh sweet. I can get about $3

Meanwhile, some individual law firm is going to get about $220M

Lawyers are so great!

Shhhhhh? he doesn?t want to have to reconcile his position on income inequality with the euphoric feeling he gets when rich lawyers toss him beer money from their mega yachts.

I can see the grin on his face as he sips Bud Light from a tranny can thinking ?take that Zuckerberg! Lawyers are so great!?

Last edited:
How is it hypocrisy?

Facebook is sleazy as hell and owes everyone a pound of flesh... I guess you guys would rather let them keep it though, rather than the lawyers who take them on? That's just not logical. And it's why you guys are saps. Those lawyers are not going to harvest your personal information, and use it to fuck you and society at large over.

My last settlement check was $397. This one won't be anywhere near that, but who cares? Better than nothing.

It's weird seeing the same posters who whine about facebook & zuckerberg suddenly snap to his defense when it's portrayed as greedy lawyers taking on a billionaire and his data-mining ad platform.

How is it hypocrisy?

Facebook is sleazy as hell and owes everyone a pound of flesh... I guess you guys would rather let them keep it though, rather than the lawyers who take them on? That's just not logical. And it's why you guys are saps. Those lawyers are not going to harvest your personal information, and use it to fuck you and society at large over.

My last settlement check was $397. This one won't be anywhere near that, but who cares? Better than nothing.

It's weird seeing the same posters who whine about facebook & zuckerberg suddenly snap to his defense when it's portrayed as greedy lawyers taking on a billionaire and his data-mining ad platform.

First of all, no one is defending Zuckerberg. He can be evil and you can still be a hypocrite on income inequality - 2 things can be true at once. And I doubt anyone here has whined about Facebook and Zuckerberg more than you.

How does calling you a hypocrite because you definitely are, make anyone a sap? It?s weird seeing the same posters who whine about income inequality and mega yachts praise lawyers pocketing hundreds of millions to buy mega yachts while tossing them a little beer money. If you think this is going to fix Meta or even make them any less evil you?re simply naive. These dirt bag lawyers and Zuckerberg simply agreed on a number that makes both parties happy without a care in the world for you or anyone else and you?re over the moon because you, the aggrieved party might get $100 or so from it. Please pardon anyone who doesn?t celebrate being tossed a few crumbs from leaches making themselves mega wealthy just because Mark Zuckerberg is also evil.

Back