Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OSU vs Minn

rumseyhouse77

Watched most of the Ohio vs Minn game last night. Ohio's defense doesn't look great, especially on pass coverage. There were several clear pass interferences where the Ohio DB grabbed the receiver that were not called and unless they have changed the rules on targeting there was a clear helmet to helmet targeting in the 4th qtr that appeared to knock the Minn receiver out and led to a called fumble and recovery by Ohio followed by a touchdown. I have seen much less blatant targeting that was called in the past. Have the rules on targeting changed? If not, then I can't see how this wasn't called.

Stroud looks good as expected, but I think he can be rattled if pressured. Unfortunately for Minn, their star running back Ibrahim went down with a leg injury (achilles tear?). He was having a great game (163 yds and 2 TDs) before the injury.

OSU looks beatable as long as penalties are called appropriately and they are not allowed to build a big lead on turnovers.

the espn write up doesn't mention anything about the 2nd half... lots of comments on OSU's amazing speed on offense though.

Here's a view of the hit, with a slow-motion replay. If that's not targeting, nothing is.

this sport is dirty as hell, and trash.

Maybe with the uproar over the failure to call targeting on this play the refs will be more aware. Unbelievably, they even reviewed the play and still didn't call targeting. But you are right, it is not likely that OSU will be called. The refs are more likely to call it on other teams to "make up" for the missed call on the OSU player.

Minnesota was stupid. They had the lead and the momentum and on back to back plays the so called old experience offensive line from Minnesota committed costly penalties. A late push that always gets called and a obvious hold. Now I don?t disagree with anything you guys have said. It was targeting. The DB?s for Osu were holding all night but talent won out and Osu has boot loads of talent like always. They will never get called for that . We have to get better somehow and beat them. Then maybe the calls were swing away from the top teams. Plus the same teams always seem to get the right bounce. The sack Td is a great example. College football blows now. The same teams have all the best players and Michigan is sadly not in that group. I hope we can compete but recent teams suggest it will be the same old beat down.

Last edited:
As soon as Min went up 14-10 and DraftKings dropped the line to OSU -5.5, I put $100 on the bucknuts.

But I took the dirty money and bet M -17 ?

What was the line on this game? I saw someone post it was OSU -13.5, but the sites I found only have games yet to be played.

Minnesota was down 14, with 4:00 to go, and that catch, if it had stood, would've put them on the OSU 40. If you tacked 15 yards on to that for targeting, MN would've had the ball the at the OSU 25.

You cannot tell me with a straight face this wasn't point shaving through and through, and the Big Ten isn't dirty as hell.

And it's bad enough the conference openly put their "thumb on the scale" for OSU, but to go further and let their players get away with giving a poor kid brain damage, by letting them tee off like that... just brutal.

Last edited by a moderator:
In real time I thought he hit with face mask up into shoulder pad area and thought the questionable part was whether the WR was vulnerable after the catch, which should draw a flag by itself these days. The slow motion replays from end zone clearly showed he actually lead with crown of the helmet and made helmet to helmet contact though.

So, IMO, there are actually 2 elements not flagged...both the targeting helmet to helmet AND defenseless receiver. Or is THAT not called this year?

Like everyone has already pointed out, B10 will ride the OSU money train once again.

Back