Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT: Equifax settlement

Michchamp

Pretty much every American was affected by the Equifax data breach, but they're not publicizing the settlement as much as you'd think.

The settlement amount is $125/person affected. You can go here to see if you're eligible. If you are, just fill out the form (online or mail in) and they'll send you a check for $125. Or you can take free credit monitoring. I think the money is a better deal.

Note for Billionaire Bootlickers: If you're a Billionaire Bootlicker who feels it's wrong to sue big rich companies, and the rich people who run them, even when they're shady and bad and incompetent like Equifax, just ignore this.

Equifax is the worse of the 3 of the credit agencies. And has been for some time. Appreciate the link, not turning away from $125 big ones.

I did both me and my wife. I will believe it when I see it. I doubt any money gets sent.

We’ll see how it works out. Either way it won’t really matter. I qualified and my wife didn’t.

I already sniffed out something fishy.

Anytime someone tells me I can score 125 bucks just by filling out a form, my Spidey senses begin to tingle.

You suffered harm though, due to Equifax's business model and lax data security practices

if your identity actually gets used to commit financial fraud, stalk someone, commit other crimes, $125 won't be nearly enough to compensate you.

You suffered harm though, due to Equifax's business model and lax data security practices

if your identity actually gets used to commit financial fraud, stalk someone, commit other crimes, $125 won't be nearly enough to compensate you.

I do that kind of of shit already, anyway.

It seems likely that this settlement will be lower per person than advertised, given the sheer # of people affected.

Judges have to approve these settlements though, and can find that class interests haven't been served and set the amount aside.

I've been in a couple where the recovery was way more than I expected.

There are websites that post pending class actions; you can search for ones that might apply; even if the recovery amounts aren't huge in most cases, look at it this way: this evens out all the times you've been screwed by big business, e.g.: Sprint tells you your monthly bill will be $39.99, and it's actually $58.43; Comcast doesn't tell you that they'll charge you a fee and taxes to rent your modem, and they don't let you use your own; car dealer tells you that you need a new battery, and won't work on your car until you buy it from them... and you don't have the time to get it towed to another shop. etc etc

We got a $95.00 check in the mail yesterday for some class-action settlement that my bride "won" because she completed a survey for some magazine scription lawsuit.

We got a $95.00 check in the mail yesterday for some class-action settlement that my bride "won" because she completed a survey for some magazine scription lawsuit.

hope you used the money for good, and didn't donate it to the Church.

*BUMP*

Whoa! Who remembered this thread?

I just got an email that my check is in the mail.

I am very curious how much it will be.

Back