Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Other Games Week 1

They didn't want him anymore and are better off without him... lol

You?re trying too hard. As a sophomore, it was clear he was better than pretty much any receiver in the B1G not at OSU. Not even J2x was dumb enough to say that.

Last edited:
You?re trying too hard. As a sophomore, he was better than any receiver in the B1G not at OSU. Not even J2x was dumb enough to say that.

Its just a rivalry dig. We all knew he was good. He just made a great decision to go somewhere where he gets more exposure and someone who could get him the ball more often. MSU has always been blessed with that one great receiver. Its too bad for you guys this one left.

Last edited:
Its just a rivalry dig. We all knew he was good. He just made a great decision to go somewhere where he gets more exposure and someone who could get him the ball more often. MSU has always been blessed with that one great receiver. Its too bad for you guys this one left.

Maybe, but it?s a pretty weak one which for him is par for the course.

We all knew this as well except the part about getting the ball more often. He was going to be the clear number 1 option for our offense if he stayed - that?s obvious. He actually has more competition for touches at FSU but he knee he?d be getting the ball wherever he went. The decision had more to do with NIL and playing for a more competitive team.

Last edited:
Maybe, but it?s a pretty weak one which for him is par for the course.

We all knew this as well except the part about getting the ball more often. He was going to be the clear number 1 option for our offense if he stayed - that?s obvious. He actually has more competition for touches at FSU but he knee he?d be getting the ball wherever he went. The decision had more to do with NIL and playing for a more competitive team.

NIL, playing in southern weather, and knowing he could be on a team that could compete for the playoff in his determined final season. My guess is he didnt want to have to play another season in college. FSU was/is a safe bet considering who was coming back this year.

NIL, playing in southern weather, and knowing he could be on a team that could compete for the playoff in his determined final season. My guess is he didnt want to have to play another season in college. FSU was/is a safe bet considering who was coming back this year.

Coleman declared after (or at the same time) as Thorne, right? It's pretty clear - and the Freep reported this as well - that Tucker telling Thorne he had to earn the starter position all over again was the biggest factor in Thorne leaving. Given the timing, I think it's likely that had to play a role in Coleman leaving too. Maybe not the only reason, but a big part of it. What veteran receiver wants to spend his last season with some scrub throwing to him?

A lot of State fans seem to be making excuses for this, i.e. Thorne was a bum who didn't want to work for it, and while Coleman was a loss, he was going regardless and the coach made the right decision. I guess we'll see how running your most experienced QB and #1 WR off plays out! If MSU bounces back this year, than maybe they were right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coleman declared after (or at the same time) as Thorne, right? It's pretty clear - and the Freep reported this as well - that Tucker telling Thorne he had to earn the starter position all over again was the biggest factor in Thorne leaving. Given the timing, I think it's likely that had to play a role in Coleman leaving too. Maybe not the only reason, but a big part of it. What veteran receiver wants to spend his last season with some scrub throwing to him?

A lot of State fans seem to be making excuses for this, i.e. Thorne was a bum who didn't want to work for it, and while Coleman was a loss, he was going regardless and the coach made the right decision. I guess we'll see how running your most experienced QB and #1 WR off plays out! If MSU bounces back this year, than maybe they were right.

Thorne went 10-17 141yds 1td in Auburn blowout of UMASS. Didnt have to do much in this game. I guess we'll see if Huge Freeze can coach him up, or he gets benched along the way. Cal will be a better gauge of where he is this week.

Thorne went 10-17 141yds 1td in Auburn blowout of UMASS. Didnt have to do much in this game. I guess we'll see if Huge Freeze can coach him up, or he gets benched along the way. Cal will be a better gauge of where he is this week.

does Auburn have any other decent QBs on the roster?

Damn.

Looks like Duke is going to beat Clemson.

Certainly going to keep them from covering the 13.

Back