Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Other Games Week 15

tinselwolverine

Army beat Navy in double overtime.

Once again, everyone is proud of our fine men and women who serve our country.

That?s pretty much it.

Regulation Army-Navy was the worst game I've ever seen.

Really?

How was it much different than the Ohio State v Michigan games of the 10 year war?

Those were some of the best games I ever saw, right up to the point when Michigan didn?t win the ones Michigan didn?t win.

Really?

How was it much different than the Ohio State v Michigan games of the 10 year war?

Those were some of the best games I ever saw, right up to the point when Michigan didn?t win the ones Michigan didn?t win.

Not sure they completed a pass in the first half. Navy threw twice, no completions and they couldn't run. Army was worse. 2nd half was barely better, thanks to blocked punt. Game stunk.

I only watched half of the ten year war and it blew this game away.

Glad Army won for a change. My dad was a marine. But I?m a fan of all the service Academy teams.

Really?

Not even the same in any way. It was a snooze-fest because neither of these teams are very good. So, it was more a manner of them stopping themselves. Army retreated like McDowell at Bull Run on two bad snaps in one series; the Navy QB couldn't hit the sides of the HMS Serapis at point-blank range, neither side had the speed to attack the flanks...the uniforms (UGH)...it was basically trench warfare.

But when the field was 25 yards, the teams suddenly gained mobility.

Glad Army won for a change. My dad was a marine. But I?m a fan of all the service Academy teams.

I've rooted for Navy since Staubach was at the helm, and his offense may have scored a lot more points on Saturday than the 2022 edition.

The game was certainly a snooze fest. We went to a ugly Christmas sweater party and there were about 50 people there and they had the game on in the garage as it went into ot. I was laughing after both teams scored so fast in ot. I thought after Army scored there was no way Navy could tie. But they did. We also didn?t think the winning field goal would go in.

The game was certainly a snooze fest. We went to a ugly Christmas sweater party and there were about 50 people there and they had the game on in the garage as it went into ot. I was laughing after both teams scored so fast in ot. I thought after Army scored there was no way Navy could tie. But they did. We also didn?t think the winning field goal would go in.

The TV execs got on the phone to the producers on the ground and were like "Aw, Christ, are you serious? After all that, they want to go to Overtime??? we gave them their 3 hours and 45 minutes of flag waving crap, now tell these fucks to get it over with and get off the TV."

I've rooted for Navy since Staubach was at the helm, and his offense may have scored a lot more points on Saturday than the 2022 edition.

In our lifetime, Navy played for the national championship against Texas in the Cotton Bowl with Roger Staubach.

You probably remember it. I was alive, but I don?t.

In our lifetime, Navy played for the national championship against Texas in the Cotton Bowl with Roger Staubach.

You probably remember it. I was alive, but I don?t.

I was on the cusp of paying attention to sports in 1963.

Back