Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Other games Week 7 (BYE week)

zyxt9

With MSU beating Indiana, they will enter the game vs UM undefeated. Hopefully UM beats NW. I am not 100% sure, but I believe this would e the 1st time those 2 are undefeated going into the rivalry game this late in the season.

Auburn beat #17 Arkansas, which is good for the B1G due to PSU bearing Auburn. Hopefully Auburn wins the rest of their SEC games.

Cincy beat UCF which is probably their last major challenger. Will they go undefeated? If so, do they have enough quality wins to be in the playoffs? One must assume a 1 loss Alabama would still jump them at a minimum. Sets up another potential split NC like when UCF went undefeated.

LSU beat Florida. The SEC is basically cannibalizing itself, which is GREAT!!!

Texas had the lead most of the game vs OK St, then loses late. Still hoping TCU eats Oklahoma later.

Iowa and Purdue tied at 7 in 2nd qtr. Have to hope Iowa remains undefeated going into the B1G CG...hopefully against undefeated UM!!! That would finally be an incredibly hyped up B1G CG!

With MSU beating Indiana, they will enter the game vs UM undefeated. Hopefully UM beats NW. I am not 100% sure, but I believe this would be the 1st time those 2 are undefeated going into the rivalry game this late in the season.

I?ll sure be disappointed if Michigan doesn?t beat NW.

M and MSU more often play earlier in the season than this. I would be surprised if they never met undefeated before going back for all of eternity.

Purdue beating Iowa likely will have Cincy move up to #2. Then when Georgia loses they will be #1!

NW beat Rutgers. Next week better not overlook them. Rutgers played us well so NW might be tougher than we expect.

Cincy beat UCF which is probably their last major challenger. Will they go undefeated? If so, do they have enough quality wins to be in the playoffs? One must assume a 1 loss Alabama would still jump them at a minimum. Sets up another potential split NC like when UCF went undefeated.

Cincinnati plays No. 23 SMU on November 20th. If SMU keeps winning they'll likely be in the 15-18 range by then considering teams in front of them are going to lose. My only fear is Bama beating UGA in the SEC championship. If UGA wins and UC is 13-0 they will probably be in good shape.

Last edited:
That and nothing Iowa was doing was sustainable. You can't continuously rely on picking off three passes every game to get the W.

In hindsight it seems pretty obvious that if PennSt's #1 QB hadn't gotten knocked out of that game, they would have won convincingly, and we wouldn't have been seeing "Iowa is a legit playoff team" takes all week.

They were probably always overrated; their best wins (Iowa St and a blowout of Maryland) were over teams that were not that great.

looking at their remaining schedule, they still play @Wisc, and @Nebraska & could lose both

with a completely inept offense they might also struggle at Northwestern

Glad they actually make teams play the games so we can sort all this out!

Back