Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

PAC-12 Player Demands

Pretty sure it’s been decided they can opt out without losing their schollies already, whatever those schollies will be worth in this academic year.*

“The Players Tribune” seems to be a blog founded by Derek Jeter. I don’t know under what authority they claim to speak for “The Players of the Pac 12,” whatever that’s supposed to be.

There doesn’t seem to be a real organization of that name.

In this article ESPN it refers to them as a group.

Don’t know if every Pac-12 player would claim the group speaks for them - a lot of the shit seems to be shit that has nothing to do with player safety in the Covid era.

*Yes, that’s included in the Pac 12 response that appears in the ESPN article I linked to.

Last edited:
I saw that article. I would love to see how many players are actually behind it. For all we know it could be only a handful of athletes that put it together.

I wonder if it's a large contingent or a small contingent??

I wonder what ?large? and ?small? would even mean?

And it also says that from ?multiple schools.? What does that mean? Two schools? All of the schools?

Are they all scholarship athletes or are some of them walk ons? Because the size of the two pools is significantly different.

Pretty sure it?s been decided they can opt out without losing their schollies already, whatever those schollies will be worth in this academic year.*

?The Players Tribune? seems to be a blog founded by Derek Jeter. I don?t know under what authority they claim to speak for ?The Players of the Pac 12,? whatever that?s supposed to be.

There doesn?t seem to be a real organization of that name.

In this article ESPN it refers to them as a group.

Don?t know if every Pac-12 player would claim the group speaks for them - a lot of the shit seems to be shit that has nothing to do with player safety in the Covid era.

*Yes, that?s included in the Pac 12 response that appears in the ESPN article I linked to.
They don't claim to speak for the PAC-12 players. The Players Tribune is a site where the players write their own stories, so there are no "writers" for The Players Tribune.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I don?t know under what authority they claim to speak for ?The Players of the Pac 12,? whatever that?s supposed to be.
Maybe they should release a calendar. The bar you need to clear for the "X of Y" monkier is lower.

This is Crack Baby Basketball + Covid. Covid changes things.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ers-show-unity-list-demands-letter-conference

This lists the players. They claim they are speaking for hundreds of players in the PAC-12.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I saw a mention of a 400 member group text. Kids must be using software I'm not or they are using the word text to describe some other messaging app.

edit: There's a text managing app out there called GroupMe that allows groups of 1,000. No thank you.

Last edited:
I saw a mention of a 400 member group text. Kids must be using software I'm not or they are using the word text to describe some other messaging app.

edit: There's a text managing app out there called GroupMe that allows groups of 1,000. No thank you.

GroupMe is great, but I'd never use it for a group that insanely large. None of my groups are over three people.

My buddy loves using it for the kids he coaches in Indy. Makes it really convenient to quickly get a message to the entire team and staff.

Last edited:
Back