Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pics of people glad that British prince died

I am far from an expert in Royalty, and agree the institution should be sacked; however, I do not believe the British Royals are devoid of power as implied.

The Brits did not officially enter WWII until the King's Speech. I am unsure if equivalent was required for Falklands or Afghanistan/Iraq/etc.

They also represent the British people in numerous ways, from foreign relations to philanthropy.

None of that is to say they are necessary as every thing they do can, and arguably should, be done by either the Parliament or businesses/individuals. Just saying I believe they still hold some forms of power and influence, unfortunately.

It was a pretty good movie. MichChamp actually started a thread about it on whatever board we were on over ten years ago when it came out.

George VI did make a symbolic speech supporting Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain?s official declaration of war on September 3, 1939.

The king?s speech didn?t matter anywhere near as much as the movie made it seem; as far as it being a binding authoritative declaration of policy, it didn?t matter at all.

The movie wasn?t about the speech; it was about George?s personal growth and transformation, and shit like that.

Colin Firth won the Oscar and Geoffrey Rush did too.

Good movie.

It was a pretty good movie. MichChamp actually started a thread about it on whatever board we were on over ten years ago when it came out.

George VI did make a symbolic speech supporting Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain?s official declaration of war on September 3, 1939.

The king?s speech didn?t matter anywhere near as much as the movie made it seem; as far as it being a binding authoritative declaration of policy, it didn?t matter at all.

The movie wasn?t about the speech; it was about George?s personal growth and transformation, and shit like that.

Colin Firth won the Oscar and Geoffrey Rush did too.

Good movie.

I think you are mistaken. I never saw that movie.

I think you are mistaken. I never saw that movie.

I?m not mistaken at all.

Your thread back then was about how absurd it was that people would have cared that the king made a speech at all.

You wouldn?t have needed to have seen the movie to make that observation.

What?s ironic is - nobody did care.

It?s a fiction, that the screenwriter David Seidler concocted.

In reality, nobody cared about the king?s speech.

It actually wasn?t a historical or cultural event, or any kind of event of significance.

But you did start a thread about how dumb the movie the king?s speech was, conceptually.

You love to start threads that take the piss against the royals.

Like this thread.

In ten years or so, I?m going to refer to this thread, and you?re going to tell me I must be mistaken.

I?m not mistaken at all.

Your thread back then was about how absurd it was that people would have cared that the king made a speech at all.

You wouldn?t have needed to have seen the movie to make that observation.

What?s ironic is - nobody did care.

It?s a fiction, that the screenwriter David Seidler concocted.

In reality, nobody cared about the king?s speech.

It actually wasn?t a historical or cultural event, or any kind of event of significance.

But you did start a thread about how dumb the movie the king?s speech was, conceptually.

You love to start threads that take the piss against the royals.

Like this thread.

In ten years or so, I?m going to refer to this thread, and you?re going to tell me I must be mistaken.

I did a search for "king's speech" here, and no thread like that came up, and it had results going back to 2011. I would remember that thread. I remember all the threads I start. THey are like my children

Back