Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Portland Protestors

zyxt9

Why is it the FBI is not investigating the protestors who attacked the DNC headquarters in Portland?

I know, some might clap back and comment that DNC headquarters are not US Government property and therefore the FBI should not be involved.

Except...protesters also attacked the ICE facilities there.

While the Capitol is arguably the most important US Government building (SCOTUS AND POTUS might disagree)...the fact remains ICE facilities are US Government properties and those who destroy them should be condemned, investigated, and arrested. There are other, peaceful, ways to protest ICE if one desires.

How many members of Congress spoke out against it?

Yet, I'm not seeing any reports of them being investigated or arrested in the days that followed. Insurrection is insurrection, PERIOD.

I do not support the Far Right or Far Left...but I also do not support the hypocrisy that continues to pervade these situations. Riots are not justifiable, it should not matter if it is the Far Left or Right who are involved.

Why is it the FBI is not investigating the protestors who attacked the DNC headquarters in Portland?

I know, some might clap back and comment that DNC headquarters are not US Government property and therefore the FBI should not be involved.

Except...protesters also attacked the ICE facilities there.

While the Capitol is arguably the most important US Government building (SCOTUS AND POTUS might disagree)...the fact remains ICE facilities are US Government properties and those who destroy them should be condemned, investigated, and arrested. There are other, peaceful, ways to protest ICE if one desires.

How many members of Congress spoke out against it?

Yet, I'm not seeing any reports of them being investigated or arrested in the days that followed. Insurrection is insurrection, PERIOD.

I do not support the Far Right or Far Left...but I also do not support the hypocrisy that continues to pervade these situations. Riots are not justifiable, it should not matter if it is the Far Left or Right who are involved.

Oh, I'm sure the FBI is investigating them and has informants all throughout their ranks, and has from Day 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Good question. Police arrested 12 of an estimated 150 protesters, but the FBI, who was involved in August, doesn't appear in current searches.

I've read comments from people who live in Portland that these protests are a lot of media hysteria.

It's a city of 600K+, and 2.4MM counting the suburbs... and like 500 square miles. The anarchist zone was 2-3 city blocks around, if that.

The vast majority Portlandians went about their business normally everyday and have continued to do that (aside from the pandemic) since then.

Like the comments I read from people that college students and professors are all left wing radicals.... makes me think "Have you ever actually set foot on a college campus?"

https://twitter.com/PortlandPolice/status/1352190193357340675

Status from the Portland Police
EsPv5SEVcDM68tP

Last edited:
I was in Portland for a week in September and didn’t see any protests and I was downtown. My brother-in-law and his wife attested that it was blown way out of round. The media inflates, conflates in the effort to deflate.

so they didn't "attack" ICE headquarters there, they just "showed up outside" and some people in the crowd threw rocks, before the federal cops teargassed them all, while the portland PD (who if I'm not mistaken have been ordered by a federal judge to stop using CS gas, because of widespread and indiscriminate use last year) stood by.

There's a lot wrong in conflating the DC protest with this, namely the intent of the protestors, and the severity of the police response...

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...arrest-15-alleged-antifa-rioters-democrat-hq/

Champ, I'm not excusing any aspects of the DC riots... not that of the rioters nor the lack of police response. I am on record as stating the assholes parading the Confederate Flag inside the Capitol deserved to be shot. Unlike most, I have no issue with the police using force against rioters. That said, they should NOT use force against Peaceful Protesters. There is a massive difference between rioters vs protesters and appropriate response by police against each group. The police guarding the Capitol had every right to deploy excessive force, including deadly force if necessary. Now, the lady who was shot and killed does not exactly fit that description as I'm not aware she was actively attacking anyone; however, the assholes hitting cops with fire extinguishers or pressing them between walls and doors...yes...use of deadly force by those cops would be warranted IMO...and I would not have complained if they had. There should be a zero tolerance mindset regarding rioters who attack cops. Throwing Molotov cocktails, fire extinguishers, or any weapon...or locking them inside a building and attempting to burn the building down...sorry, that is all warranting police protecting themselves. Their job does not mean they should be targeted with lethal force without the potential use of lethal force in return. As for the assholes parading Dixie inside the Capitol, that's just fucking treason in my book.

I'm also on record for stating I do not support any of the riots.

This report shows 8 individuals arrested. Glad to see that. I would like MSM to make these arrests more known while MSM uses words and context that supports the arrests.

As an aside...am I the only one looking at the 8 mugshots who thinks they look no different than those who attacked the Capitol? Read into that what you will. Personally, seems that Crazy looks Crazy regardless of which extreme side of the political spectrum they support.

As an aside...am I the only one looking at the 8 mugshots who thinks they look no different than those who attacked the Capitol? Read into that what you will. Personally, seems that Crazy looks Crazy regardless of which extreme side of the political spectrum they support.
Now I want to see some kind of study where mug shots appear on a screen and people have to guess right wing or left wing.

Back