Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

QAnon

My college experience in regards to political activism was far different and far more engaging and “lively.” Must have been the times.

uh... erm... ah... or it could be that, I suppose.

I mean, it's impossible to prove Satan is NOT behind 50% of Americans being ignorant dumbasses, right?

Wait a minute...hold it - this discussion seems to be at cross purposes.

Are we talking about Satan being behind 50% of Americans being ignorant dumbasses - or are we talking about Satan being the primary driver behind pedophilia?

The two things are very different.

I saw a thread where people were asking an ex-Q Anon follower what his epiphany was, and he said it was the technology references. Apparently, he writes with bits of pseudo code in his text, brackets and stuff, as if it comes natural to him because he's some kind of hacker. He claims to hack into government supercomputers to shut them down, but it didn't pass the sniff test for this guy writing about what flipped him. So he googled "Q Anon debunked" and the results made him see it was all bunk.

I saw a thread where people were asking an ex-Q Anon follower what his epiphany was, and he said it was the technology references. Apparently, he writes with bits of pseudo code in his text, brackets and stuff, as if it comes natural to him because he's some kind of hacker. He claims to hack into government supercomputers to shut them down, but it didn't pass the sniff test for this guy writing about what flipped him. So he googled "Q Anon debunked" and the results made him see it was all bunk.

If he was able to do that, sounds like he was capable of rational thought, unlike most of these people.

I was reading an article that looked at what happens to followers of doomsday cults generally when prophecies don't come true, now that all the QAnon stuff proved to be false.

Typically they find some way to rationalize the failure away that absolves themselves of being STUPID for believing it, and then go join another cult/pseudo-religious belief system ASAP.

and then go join another cult/pseudo-religious belief system ASAP.
I've heard a few comments suggesting white supremacist groups are hoping to recruit from ex-Q people right now. Seems more like a guess than insider info though.

I've heard a few comments suggesting white supremacist groups are hoping to recruit from ex-Q people right now. Seems more like a guess than insider info though.

Yeah, I think I read that too. I'm trying to find the article on Doomsday cults. It had a section on "where they go from here," but I can't recall if it was specific to QAnon or Doomsday cultists in general.

Seems as fertile of a recruiting ground for any movement lacking any sort of basis in reality, such as "white supremacy" so I'm not surprised they'd go after them... they're a leaderless flock of sheep

The article had a summary of QAnon beliefs. I didn't know they believed JFK Jr. was still alive and teaming up with Trump to overthrow the "Deep State" child predators.

I guess that's no less ridiculous than the idea that Trump would undertake any endeavor that wasn't a get-rich-quick scam or publicity stunt for his own benefit though... the QAnon folks really chose the unlikeliest of heroes there.

Back