Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Red Sox @ Detroit Game #7 ~April 6th ~ 2023

SOMETHING many of you seem to forget, he not just playing for 32 ms he playing for 40 ms and a chance for 92 ms. READ HIS CONTRACT.
22-23:$32M annually, 24:$30M club option ($8M buyout), 25:$30M club option
2024-25 options guaranteed with top 10 finish in previous year?s MVP vote
He's retiring.

As of Saturday April 8, Tigers outfielder Austin Meadows has been placed on the 10-day injured list with anxiety.

Akil Baddoo has been recalled from Triple-A Toledo.

Tampa found a perfect Patsy in Avila. They saw him coming like so many organizations prior saw him coming. The average fan saw that the shithook known as Al Avila was incompetent 5 years ago. Chis Illitch finally recognized it 5 years too late?& after he let him oversee another draft & trade deadline.
Avila had no business holding that job other than as a temp for the remainder of 2015. Jordan Z. signing alone was cause for firing after 2016.

What did the Rays know and when did they know it!
The Rays are too savvy not to know about this issue. This is part of their modus operandi.

https://motorcitybengals.com/posts/...y-from-team-again-due-to-anxiety-01gxh6h42j1j
Detroit Tigers: Austin Meadows steps away from team again due to anxiety.
MCBTB

https://www.mlb.com/tigers/news/austin-meadows-placed-on-injured-list-with-anxiety
Meadows placed on IL as he deals with anxiety.
Tigers official site

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...on-il-akil-baddoo-up-from-toledo/70095537007/
Tigers' Meadows battling anxiety, placed on IL, Baddoo up from Toledo.
Detnews

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...stin-meadows-steps-aside-anxiety/11629123002/
Detroit Tigers' Austin Meadows steps away from team again due to mental health struggles.
Freep

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/04/tigers-place-austin-meadows-on-10-day-injured-list.html
Tigers Place Austin Meadows On 10-Day Injured List.
MLBTR

Last edited:
It looks like the Tigers got one run closer in the bottom of the ninth. Now I?m only down by nine with two outs.

I'm glad I forgot this game was on.

Last edited:
I don't care how many games it is you can't hit . 069. Especially 35 a year.

I don't care how many games it is you can't hit . 069. Especially 35 a year.

Having Javy Biaz being the tigers prized and biggest signing in years is like running down the stairs thinking its xmas morning only to find out its arbor day.

:ugh:

Having Javy Biaz being the tigers prized and biggest signing in years is like running down the stairs thinking its xmas morning only to find out its arbor day.

And then have a 30 foot rock fall on you.

Let me be clear on something regrading Scott harris..he improved the position player lineup a decent amount..except 2B and that will fix itself quickly....I'm not too concerned yet about the rotation..its the bullpen that the issue..

Tigers have allowed the most inherited ruinners to score (12) in baseball..DET RP have entered with runners on the most times in baseball..some other numbers for relivers:
HR allowed 9 second worst
6.43 ERA 3rd worst
283 BAA 3rd worst
16.1 K% 2nd worst
-17.54 RE24 worst

if relievers had been able to get early outs..numerous times the team would have still been in the game..but alas..they haven't..you can't decimate your reliever staff who was good..and not add even one major league caliber reliver..especialy when thats your managers secret sauce.

MGorosh

Let me be clear on something regrading Scott harris..he improved the position player lineup a decent amount..except 2B and that will fix itself quickly....I'm not too concerned yet about the rotation..its the bullpen that the issue..

Tigers have allowed the most inherited ruinners to score (12) in baseball..DET RP have entered with runners on the most times in baseball..some other numbers for relivers:
HR allowed 9 second worst
6.43 ERA 3rd worst
283 BAA 3rd worst
16.1 K% 2nd worst
-17.54 RE24 worst

if relievers had been able to get early outs..numerous times the team would have still been in the game..but alas..they haven't..you can't decimate your reliever staff who was good..and not add even one major league caliber reliver..especialy when thats your managers secret sauce.

MGorosh
That's what happens why you get rid of guys.

Let me be clear on something regrading Scott harris..he improved the position player lineup a decent amount..except 2B and that will fix itself quickly

MGorosh

Did Harris really improve the position player lineup a decent amount? I'm not seeing it.

Well, look at the bright side. In both instances, there's a tree involved.

Last edited:
A blast from the past from Twitter:

"Ilitch will fire Avila (August 2019)

Perhaps I was incorrect about the replacement GM, in time. I had an avi of an old M hat, so he assumed (correctly) that I went to Michigan. It's the only point of fact he got right.

His go to move is to block anyone that proves him wrong. So not only does he have bad takes, but he's also soft as Charmin.

Back