Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Reed returning, Nailor to NFL

johnny2x2x

Reed returning, Nailor to NFL, X Henderson returing

Thought this would be reversed, but this is excellent. Reed is a 1,000 yard receiver who will be an All American candidate next season. Great news.

Last edited:
Hopefully they dont watch the tape of all those drops in the bowl game.

early buzz I heard was Nailor gone, Reed and Henderson back, hopefully all true

why is it great news that Nailor is gone? Reed is probably better but Nailor isn't far off and it was pretty obvious things were tougher for Thorne and Reed when teams didn't also have to worry about Nailor. Losing Nailor is big.

Last edited:
Hopefully they dont watch the tape of all those drops in the bowl game.

how many were there? There were plenty of bad throws but I don't remember drops being a problem for any receivers. From what I recall Nailor, Reed and Heyward all made great catches to make Thorne's performance look better than it was.

Xavier Henderson announced he's returning to MSU for a 5th year. He was mocked in the 4th or 5th round, needs some speed work, but he can improve his stock if he can cover better.

This really shores up the secondary and the needs out of the portal are not as dire. Add 1-2 OL, another DE, maybe a CB and another RB and we're pretty complete.

Ronald Williams returning too, he quietly had a good year and teams were avoiding him the last part of the season.

Secondary can be much improved, X returning is big. Snow was moved to Free Safety in the Bowl game and looked good, Grose was moved to Nickel and had a very good game. Lowery and Brantley should be healthy in 2022 and shore up the CB spot across from Williams. Another year in the scheme, MSU got rid of the CB coach, Tillman, and Tucker and Barnett are going to coach the whole secondary. And the 2 transfer LBs we brought in are better in coverage too.

Still curious why losing Nailor is good news. Having 2 deep threat receivers with great hands is huge and with Walker gone, losing Nailor hurts more than if Walker stayed. I'm not stating a preference of one vs. the other - if the idea is it's better to lose Nailor than Reed, whatever but losing Nailor while not as bad as losing a Heisman candidate TB, still sucks. Was he maybe a bad teammate? Did he pull a Chris Allen and bang a teammates girlfriend?

Last edited:
Still curious why losing Nailor is good news. Having 2 deep threat receivers with great hands is huge and with Walker gone, losing Nailor hurts more than if Walker stayed. I'm not stating a preference of one vs. the other - if the idea is it's better to lose Nailor than Reed, whatever but losing Nailor while not as bad as losing a Heisman candidate TB, still sucks. Was he maybe a bad teammate? Did he pull a Chris Allen and bang a teammates girlfriend?

I think the great news is that both weren?t leaving.

Think I?d rather have nailor go pro over Reed so I?m pleased Reed is staying (but wouldn?t call the overall deal great news).

I think the great news is that both weren?t leaving.

Think I?d rather have nailor go pro over Reed so I?m pleased Reed is staying (but wouldn?t call the overall deal great news).

same here, except I don't have a clear and obvious preference for Reed - I think Nailor had a breakout year and possibly was held back by Thorne's familiarity/preference for Reed but who knows. I like 'em both.

Anyway, that's why I'm confused by the "great news" and "hopefully all true" comments. I'd love to have both of them back, especially with a big question mark in the running game - which I expect is going to take a sizable step back.

Last edited:
Nailor goes to the Vikings in the 6th round. Still wish/think he should have stayed but best of luck to him. The biggest surprise of the draft for MSU was Heyward in the 6th round to the Steelers (they have a thing for brothers apparently - the Heywards make the 4th set of brothers on the Pittsburgh roster). Thought at best he'd get an undrafted free agent opportunity. Good for him and undrafted FAs Panasuik and Jarvis.

Back