Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

RIP Dwayne Haskins

Absolutely horrible. By all accounts a great human. Unbelievable tragedy and way too young.

I never visit the NFL board.

Watching grown men cheer for billionaires' business ventures is just too sad.

Too each their own.

Although I don?t pay that much attention to NFL or any pro sports myself either.

And any attention I pay doesn?t spring from an intent or desire to root for billionaires business ventures, although I don?t spend my day obsessing that there are billionaires and I?m not one of them; sociology has demonstrated that a billionaire?s life might not be all roses and daffodils.

The biggest difference between me and Bezos or Musk is that I can?t afford my own personal space rocket, and even if I could, I wouldn?t wanna get on it and ride it to space.

EDIT: To each their own, not too each their own.

Voice recognition error.

Last edited:
Sounds like it was an accident.

At least this article uses it to highlight how pedestrian deaths are increasing across the nation.

This is how our roads and cities are designed though, so you might as well just say "all according to plan."

Rich, pro athletes aren't supposed to be the ones walking around and getting squashed by speeding cars and trucks though, so in this case at least they'll probably put in a cross walk or something where he died.

At least this article uses it to highlight how pedestrian deaths are increasing across the nation.

This is how our roads and cities are designed though, so you might as well just say "all according to plan."

Rich, pro athletes aren't supposed to be the ones walking around and getting squashed by speeding cars and trucks though, so in this case at least they'll probably put in a cross walk or something where he died.

he's so stupid. He should have got on a train

Interstate's were designed to kill people trying to cross them on foot? You know what an Interstate is, right? Commonly referred to as an expressway. Both the articles explain he was killed while trying to cross I-595. When was the last time you saw a crosswalk on an expressway? It's illegal for pedestrians to walk on expressways so it's kinda hard to make the claim that this was "all according to plan" as if it somehow bolsters your silly argument for high speed trains. Maybe you should lobby for a commission to study the cost and impact of high speed rail for carrying pedestrians across expressways. It would be so much faster than a walking bridge!

The vehicles on the expressway are moving much faster than we perceive them. So, you may think that they are far enough away for you to make it across, but they cover the distance much faster than you think they will, and don't expect them to slow down. He was hit by a dump truck, must have messed him up pretty bad.

My friend Jesse was killed while crossing I-70 in Vail. Locals do it all the time because the bridges are so far apart. Awful about Haskins

he's so stupid. He should have got on a train

Yes. Really is a tragedy when pedestrian events such as these interfere with effective commuting when he could have chosen public transit so much more conveniently for himself and everyone else.

Back