Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

RIP former senator Mike Gravel

Michchamp

Dead at 91. Heroically Read the Pentagon Papers into the congressional record to keep the government (ie, Nixon, & the Pentagon) from censoring them.

He was also, FWIW, in his prime, probably the best looking senator of all time:

Mikegravel.jpg

Tulsi wrote a commemoration of him this AM.

Was he a libtard or a Republitard?

Also I thought the WaPo first published the Pentagon Papers.

There was a whole Tom Hanks movie about it.

My very best friend, Bob Odenkirk played Ben Bagdikian - shoulda been nominated for an Oscar.

I think Spielberg directed/produced it.

Ain?t he making a woke remake of West Side Story?

Tulsi wrote a commemoration of him this AM.

Was he a libtard or a Republitard?

Also I thought the WaPo first published the Pentagon Papers.

There was a whole Tom Hanks movie about it.

My very best friend, Bob Odenkirk played Ben Bagdikian - shoulda been nominated for an Oscar.

I think Spielberg directed/produced it.

Ain?t he making a woke remake of West Side Story?

I believe the NYT was first. They famously fought a legal battle against the Nixon
administration to the Supreme Court after the DOJ enjoined the NYT from publication.

according to wikipedia, Gravel read the full 4300 page report into the record, after the NYT had published some excerpts.

today's NYT would never have fought that battle...

Dead at 91. Heroically Read the Pentagon Papers into the congressional record to keep the government (ie, Nixon, & the Pentagon) from censoring them.

He was also, FWIW, in his prime, probably the best looking senator of all time:

Mikegravel.jpg

Well, if there ever is a movie about the Pentagon Papers and Gravel's heroism, this is the man who should portray him:

2ae6930e113fcf3fa78f681b2d6f5f52.jpg

I believe the NYT was first. They famously fought a legal battle against the Nixon
administration to the Supreme Court after the DOJ enjoined the NYT from publication.

according to wikipedia, Gravel read the full 4300 page report into the record, after the NYT had published some excerpts.

today's NYT would never have fought that battle...

Perhaps not.

Anyways, in today?s Spielbergverse it was the WaPo.

Did I mention he?s making a woke remake of West Side Story?

IMDb showing Rita Moreno is also in the remake (not reprising Anita - that duty falls this time to a black lesbian).

In light of recent events of the woke, we?ll see if Rita makes out of the cutting room.

Well, if there ever is a movie about the Pentagon Papers and Gravel's heroism, this is the man who should portray him:

2ae6930e113fcf3fa78f681b2d6f5f52.jpg

Kidding, right?

There IS such a movie; I linked to it in post #5; WaPo.

I don?t recall Gravel as being depicted, nor is any actor credited as portraying him.

I think that a remake of The Outsiders is needed, too, because its allegory was too dense and it needs to be simplified.

Kidding, right?

There IS such a movie; I linked to it in post #5; WaPo.

I don?t recall Gravel as being depicted, nor is any actor credited as portraying him.

I'm not kidding. Make another one and focus on Gravel and not Graham and Bradlee.

I'm not kidding. Make another one and focus on Gravel and not Graham and Bradlee.

Just got off the phone with Spielberg. In the works - he?s gonna get on it as soon as he?s wrapped post/pre-release publicity for woke West Side Story starring the black lesbian as Anita.

And GUESS who he likes for Gravel? (hint - his choice is mad, man!)

Just got off the phone with Spielberg. In the works - he?s gonna get on it as soon as he?s wrapped post/pre-release publicity for woke West Side Story starring the black lesbian as Anita.

And GUESS who he likes for Gravel? (hint - his choice is mad, man!)

Can't make this on Steven's schedule. I'm moving ahead with the Coen brothers.

Nice.

Perhaps multiple Oscar winner Frances McDormand will appear as Katharine Graham in a cameo.

Maybe this time she?ll forego shitting in the bucket.

that would be pretty funny if they could get millenials to believe Nixon put Gravel through a wood chipper in the Rose Garden.

Back