Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Shemy Schembechler joins staff

Michchamp

Link: "Michigan has hired Glenn "Shemy" Schembechler, son of longtime Wolverines coach Bo Schembechler, as its assistant director of football recruiting"

Good hire for sure. I think James Franklin should take a look at bringing back Jay Paterno now as an assistant.

Good hire for sure. I think James Franklin should take a look at bringing back Jay Paterno now as an assistant.

I found a pic of u:

donkey-laughing.jpg

He used to come into Cottage Inn when I worked there 93-95 and put ?Schembechler? down on the wait list - owners wife would see if it was Bo & guest or Schemmy & date first, lol

some bickering about this hire on twitter... Shemy's got a bit of an "old Conservative Uncle at Thanksgiving" vibe going on. But I think fans are overreacting

shoulda told him to scrub his twitter likes before they announced the hire.

some bickering about this hire on twitter... Shemy's got a bit of an "old Conservative Uncle at Thanksgiving" vibe going on. But I think fans are overreacting

shoulda told him to scrub his twitter likes before they announced the hire.

Yeah, that didn?t last long.

When I first saw the thread title all I saw was ?Schemy Schembechler.?

I just assumed it was an obit thread and he was dead.

A valuable lesson to be learned by the people that vet hires. Can't just look at someone's Twitter page, the real juicy stuff is in their 'likes'.

A valuable lesson to be learned by the people that vet hires. Can't just look at someone's Twitter page, the real juicy stuff is in their 'likes'.

I saw some of the tweets in question, and I don't know if they were bad enough to cost him a job. Should've at least given him a chance to disavow them and distance himself. It absolutely sucks that clicking a "like" button can have such dramatic consequences, and we could ALL get fucked by stuff like this.

And some of the Michigan fans leading the charge online were Mgoblog types who make (someone pathetic) careers out of basically just doing what we do here.

My only hesitation is that there may have been worse tweets than then ones I saw; the Jim Crow/slavery one was dumb, but I know plenty of old white guys that would express sentiments close to that, and actually believe stuff like "blacks just need a little more discipline" but would not actually wish there was still slavery, or discriminate personally.

This cuts a little too close to punishing someone for private views to me.

All that being said... he never did much in his career, despite having a legendary father for a coach, and maybe there's probably a reason why. Not a big loss and our recruiting has been just fine without him.

Back