Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

sleazy restaurant uses fake confession to spy on workers

Michchamp

Link. I shouldn't, but I'm always surprised by the depths of conduct business owners will sink to, rather than just paying their employees a decent wage and treating them with respect.

whatever. we need to coddle such people with favorable tax policies and other incentives so they "create jobs" right?

You do know that the article linked to would resemble something from out of The Onion if it was kinda like?I don?t know?funny? Maybe?

Nowhere near funny enough to be from outta the Babylon Bee.

And the mythical Disassociated Press?

Fahgettaboutit.

Someone in the story does seem to be suing the Los Angeles Times though.

I always like that.

So wrong on so many levels. Assuming that those who "went" to "confession" were Catholic, it's disappointing that they failed to recognize that it was specious. Priests never question penitents in this manner. Confession is not an interview; a therapy session; a conversation. It's a sacrament. You cite your sins, you are assigned a penance, you say an act of contrition and the priest offers absolution through Jesus Christ.

This "priest" also committed a crime by impersonating a clergyman. If these men who organized this activity are Catholic, I consider them to have committed a mortal sin. That's my opinion.

Last edited:
So wrong on so many levels. Assuming that those who "went" to "confession" were Catholic, it's disappointing that they failed to recognize that it was specious. Priests never question penitents in this manner. Confession is not an interview; a therapy session; a conversation. It's a sacrament. You cite your sins, you are assigned a penance, you say an act of contrition and the priest offers absolution through Jesus Christ.

This "priest" also committed a crime by impersonating a clergyman. If these men who organized this activity are Catholic, I consider them to have committed a mortal sin. That's my opinion.

As you probably sussed my post #2?the article stunk to High Heaven to me from the get go.

Although, again I do love reading about someone suing the LA Times.

Also?it?s not a crime to impersonate a priest when you?re playing character on television the way Stacy Keech does on Blue Bloods, right? Otherwise, Commissioner Reagan would have to arrest him.

Even if it is fiction.

As you probably sussed my post #2?the article stunk to High Heaven to me from the get go.

Although, again I do love reading about someone suing the LA Times.

Also?it?s not a crime to impersonate a priest when you?re playing character on television the way Stacy Keech does on Blue Bloods, right? Otherwise, Commissioner Reagan would have to arrest him.

Even if it is fiction.

No. However, I remember a M*A*S*H episode in the early seasons where a guy was impersonating a surgeon, and Hawkeye busted him. So, he switched to impersonating a priest. So I think a fictional character impersonating a priest on a TV show is criminal. Or should be. It might influence others to do the same. :hmm:

No. However, I remember a M*A*S*H episode in the early seasons where a guy was impersonating a surgeon, and Hawkeye busted him. So, he switched to impersonating a priest. So I think a fictional character impersonating a priest on a TV show is criminal. Or should be. It might influence others to do the same. :hmm:

Cool.

I think Stacy Keech plays the Monsignor of New York on Blue Bloods.

I really like that character.

Not a real position in the Church, but I'll roll with it.

He?s I believe a Cardinal and the Archbishop of the Archdiocese of New York. I don?t know if the two characters stop to think about it much but if they did they would probably consider the other their best friend. I?m pretty sure they always address each other only by each other?s first name, never by title. Only 10 episodes of Blue Bloods, wow I would?ve thought it was way more than that.

He?s I believe a Cardinal and the Archbishop of the Archdiocese of New York. I don?t know if the two characters stop to think about it much but if they did they would probably consider the other their best friend. I?m pretty sure they always address each other only by each other?s first name, never by title. Only 10 episodes of Blue Bloods, wow I would?ve thought it was way more than that.

Mrs. Byco and I sat between two priests last Saturday at a dinner to celebrate the ordination of a new priest, one of three newly ordained in the diocese, this one just 25 years old. I addressed none of them by their first names. However, the mother of one of the priests was also there and she did, but, she's his mother.

Few happier occasions have I attended in my life.

Mrs. Byco and I sat between two priests last Saturday at a dinner to celebrate the ordination of a new priest, one of three newly ordained in the diocese, this one just 25 years old. I addressed none of them by their first names. However, the mother of one of the priests was also there and she did, but, she's his mother.

Few happier occasions have I attended in my life.

Nice.

Frank and Kevin are two of the most important fictional people in New York, and have known each other for decades as they rose to their levels of prominence. If they wanna call each other by each other?s fist name I?m fine with it.

Frank?s dad was also once the police commissioner. I don?t know if I have ever heard the archbishop address him.

Nice.

Frank and Kevin are two of the most important fictional people in New York, and have known each other for decades as they rose to their levels of prominence. If they wanna call each other by each other?s fist name I?m fine with it.

Frank?s dad was also once the police commissioner. I don?t know if I have ever heard the archbishop address him.

I've seen the first season of the show, my bride has seen all the episodes. I like that episode where Danny Reagan got rough with the suspect.

Back