Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tatis long term extension..

Mitchrapp

Northern Michigan Wildcats
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Two years in the league 22 years of age and 14 year deal, worth $340 mill. Damn.

I suspect if he continues to play well in 4-5 years he'll want a restructure. Or asked to be traded. SD doesn't have a history of being good for lengthy periods. Heck they only won 70 games in 2019 his rookie season.

I suspect if he continues to play well in 4-5 years he'll want a restructure. Or asked to be traded. SD doesn't have a history of being good for lengthy periods. Heck they only won 70 games in 2019 his rookie season.

You don?t get it.

San Diego has the best weather of any city in the 48 contiguous states. Maybe even better or at least as good as Honolulu.

With that kind of money, and that kind of climate, who?s going to give a shit if they play on a team that?s any good or not?

You don?t get it.

San Diego has the best weather of any city in the 48 contiguous states. Maybe even better or at least as good as Honolulu.

With that kind of money, and that kind of climate, who?s going to give a shit if they play on a team that?s any good or not?

Who wants the same day every day. Nice and sunny, nice and sunny, nice and sunny, nice and sunny -- boring. They do have the SD zoo though.

Who wants the same day every day. Nice and sunny, nice and sunny, nice and sunny, nice and sunny -- boring. They do have the SD zoo though.

Short answer?

Everybody.

If I?m Tatis, I?m gonna get me a mega mansion above a sea cliff, and be chauffeured to the ballpark and back forth everyday ?til my contract is done and I can retire, and then live the rest of my life in that mansion above the sea cliff.

Short answer?

Everybody.

If I?m Tatis, I?m gonna get me a mega mansion above a sea cliff, and be chauffeured to the ballpark and back forth everyday ?til my contract is done and I can retire, and then live the rest of my life in that mansion above the sea cliff.

Majority of NFL, MLB & NBA Players Go Bankrupt Within 5 Years. I suspect Tatis will too. He'll have to move to Arizona eventually to manage. Btw, SD sucks.

Majority of NFL, MLB & NBA Players Go Bankrupt Within 5 Years. I suspect Tatis will too. He'll have to move to Arizona eventually to manage. Btw, SD sucks.

That?s funny.

I don?t give a crap about Tatis.

I don?t give a crap about the Padres.

I like San Diego.

It?s pretty nice.

My guess is Tatis will be one that does not go bankrupt. His dad was a major league player that didn't go bankrupt, so he probably has some common sense. Plus, most that go bankrupt don't sign guaranteed contracts worth $340M. That's a lot of money to go through.

My guess is Tatis will be one that does not go bankrupt. His dad was a major league player that didn't go bankrupt, so he probably has some common sense. Plus, most that go bankrupt don't sign guaranteed contracts worth $340M. That's a lot of money to go through.

How many players have $340 mill guaranteed?

in 12 more games he will have the equivalent of one full season at the major league level

so far this year he is hitting .143

Back