Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Game - pre-game discussion thread

On the bright side there is absolutely no pressure on Michigan. Everyone from national media to their own fan base expect a loss.

I for one could care less about the CFP etc. Beating OSU is the goal and that is what made last season a success. It's really frustrating to feel that way but I'm content so long as the loudmouth motherfuckers are quiet.

My friend said and I do not know his sources because I heard nothing on radio today that Corum has a small fracture and they are not saying anything and Edwards has a fracture in his hand. I have been looking everywhere and cannot confirm either of these.

I think with all the injuries it will be a pretty tall task to win in Columbus but sooner or later it has to happen. We all thought our offense would carry us mostly with JJ and the passing game but it really has been the defense and the running game on offense. Osu will stack the box and make JJ throw if we can?t run. Our wide Receivers need to wake up and finally deliver for us. Maybe they unleash JJ feet in this game and let him run. Man his decision on the read option just haven?t been there yet. JJ has to have his best game for us to win.

Need to but doubtful it's going to happen. 20 years of misery and no matter how much I try to convince myself we have a chance i remember Don Brown and just know that is about to happen again.
Well, you should be happy to learn that we fired Don Brown after the 2020 season.

My friend said and I do not know his sources because I heard nothing on radio today that Corum has a small fracture and they are not saying anything and Edwards has a fracture in his hand. I have been looking everywhere and cannot confirm either of these.

I think with all the injuries it will be a pretty tall task to win in Columbus but sooner or later it has to happen. We all thought our offense would carry us mostly with JJ and the passing game but it really has been the defense and the running game on offense. Osu will stack the box and make JJ throw if we can?t run. Our wide Receivers need to wake up and finally deliver for us. Maybe they unleash JJ feet in this game and let him run. Man his decision on the read option just haven?t been there yet. JJ has to have his best game for us to win.

If uofm is missing Corum and Edwards osu wont have to stack the box because they don?t have to worry about the run - they can cover and play contain on McCarthy. It?s not an ideal situation with both teams having major question marks at the top of the rosters - both of uofm and osu?s top 2 tailbacks are banged up and osu is without Smith-Njigba. Spread is holding steady at uofm +7.5. Leaving that alone.

If uofm is missing Corum and Edwards osu wont have to stack the box because they don?t have to worry about the run - they can cover and play contain on McCarthy. It?s not an ideal situation with both teams having major question marks at the top of the rosters - both of uofm and osu?s top 2 tailbacks are banged up and osu is without Smith-Njigba. Spread is holding steady at uofm +7.5. Leaving that alone.

You are probably right if the top two guys are out. No reason to worry about Stokes or Gash. I heard on the radio that Stokes may be in concussion protocol. Osu is banged up at running back too like you said and they put in a freshman against Maryland and he goes off lol.Osu just had more depth at wr and rb, and probably qb. Maybe the Wolverines have a better line on both sides of the ball. We shall see. This game is why The new Dc was brought in. To beat Michigan with better defense.

Last edited:
Corum and Edwards are Michigan's 2 best offensive players. OSU having health concerns with their top 2 RBs isn't an apple's to apples comparison. Now if Stroud and Harrison were hurt, that would be an apples to apples.

I'm not sure who the sources are but I have seen a similar "inside source" say that they're both out. Not a source I would put a ton of stock in.

I have heard (I think on this board) that Edwards has a thumb injury. Looking at the hit Corum took when he was injured, I don't see how it would result in a "small fracture". Fracture of what? Patella? Epicondyle? And he was out delivering turkeys and carrying boxes and walking normally on it as far as I could tell. No sign of him favoring it or limping. If he had any kind of fracture, would they let him go out walking on it potentially making it worse? He is the premiere running back on the team and a Heisman candidate. Wouldn't you protect that asset from potentially worsening an injury? I wouldn't be letting him walk on it and certainly not carry boxes of turkey. I'm sure they did x-rays in the lockeroom last Saturday and he was cleared to go back in. I doubt they would do that if there was any kind of fracture. Kind of doubting the stories. But we will see on Saturday.

Hopefully other players will be back, like Schoonmaker, and they will step up to devastating effect. I don't think the OSU defense is that much improved from last year.

You are probably right if the top two guys are out. No reason to worry about Stokes or Gash. I heard on the radio that Stokes may be in concussion protocol. Osu is banged up at running back too like you said and they put in a freshman against Maryland and he goes off lol.Osu just had more depth at wr and rb, and probably qb. Maybe the Wolverines have a better line on both sides of the ball. We shall see. This game is why The new Dc was brought in. To beat Michigan with better defense.

with neither team at full strength at tailback, it probably comes down to whether or not uofm can get pressure on Stroud - which probably isn't much different than if both teams were at full strength. if he has time, his receivers could have a field day. QB pressure from what I've seen isn't a big strength but also not a big weakness for your D.

I have heard (I think on this board) that Edwards has a thumb injury. Looking at the hit Corum took when he was injured, I don't see how it would result in a "small fracture". Fracture of what? Patella? Epicondyle? And he was out delivering turkeys and carrying boxes and walking normally on it as far as I could tell. No sign of him favoring it or limping. If he had any kind of fracture, would they let him go out walking on it potentially making it worse? He is the premiere running back on the team and a Heisman candidate. Wouldn't you protect that asset from potentially worsening an injury? I wouldn't be letting him walk on it and certainly not carry boxes of turkey. I'm sure they did x-rays in the lockeroom last Saturday and he was cleared to go back in. I doubt they would do that if there was any kind of fracture. Kind of doubting the stories. But we will see on Saturday.

Hopefully other players will be back, like Schoonmaker, and they will step up to devastating effect. I don't think the OSU defense is that much improved from last year.

I think and hope you are right I have heard nothing about a fracture at all.

with neither team at full strength at tailback, it probably comes down to whether or not uofm can get pressure on Stroud - which probably isn't much different than if both teams were at full strength. if he has time, his receivers could have a field day. QB pressure from what I've seen isn't a big strength but also not a big weakness for your D.

I heard today that Morris has a high ankle sprain but hopefully he will play. Again you are right in the pressure. Some games we are pretty good. I didn?t see much pressure in the Illinois game. I did hear on the radio they are predicting rain for the game. Not sure if they mean light ran or heavy rain. I?d just love to see this upset. Been since 2000 that Michigan win in Columbus. That is so long in football and just shows how much Osu has dominated Michigan sadly.

I heard Jake Butt on Keyshawn Johnson?s radio show that he does with Max Kellerman and some other dude and Jake said it all depends on how healthy Michigan is or isn?t.

Then he talk a little bit about his history of growing up just outside of Columbus as a buckeye fan and then coming to play for Michigan.

He is currently a big 10 analyst for the Big Ten Netwerk so he hast to be a little objective in that capacity.

I heard today that Morris has a high ankle sprain but hopefully he will play. Again you are right in the pressure. Some games we are pretty good. I didn?t see much pressure in the Illinois game. I did hear on the radio they are predicting rain for the game. Not sure if they mean light ran or heavy rain. I?d just love to see this upset. Been since 2000 that Michigan win in Columbus. That is so long in football and just shows how much Osu has dominated Michigan sadly.

one weakness OSU has demonstrated is they're not great at getting away from the pass. We beat them when they were #2 or #3 under Meyer in crappy weather when they kept trying to throw the ball instead of giving it to Elliott (he was vocal about his frustration at being left out and later that year announced he was entering the draft) and last year at uofm they kept trying to throw in the wind and rain.

That's yet another unknown and another reason I'm not touching the game.

I heard Jake Butt on Keyshawn Johnson?s radio show that he does with Max Kellerman and some other dude and Jake said it all depends on how healthy Michigan is or isn?t.

Then he talk a little bit about his history of growing up just outside of Columbus as a buckeye fan and then coming to play for Michigan.

He is currently a big 10 analyst for the Big Ten Netwerk so he hast to be a little objective in that capacity.

The other dude is former dook and Chicago Bulls point guard Jay Williams. I missed that conversation this morning but I do listen to them occassionally on my 5 minute drive to work. I like Keyshawn and "Jay Will" is alright but can't stand Kellerman. He has to be the most annoying person in sports talk after Jim Rome.

The other dude is former dook and Chicago Bulls point guard Jay Williams. I missed that conversation this morning but I do listen to them occassionally on my 5 minute drive to work. I like Keyshawn and "Jay Will" is alright but can't stand Kellerman. He has to be the most annoying person in sports talk after Jim Rome.

Yes, Jay will.

I was making a little joke to myself. I had never heard of him before I started hearing him on the radio, after his college and professional career.

I have known who Keyshawn Johnson and Max Kellerman are just about as long as they have been in the public eye.

I think and hope you are right I have heard nothing about a fracture at all.

I saw some speculating that it may be a bruised meniscus. That can heal pretty quickly with the right treatment, but I don't know if it can heal in a week. It would depend on the severity of the bruise. It's all speculation. Just have to hope for the best.

I just saw a Facebook post of corum saying that he will be playing so I guess that answers that. Happy Thanksgiving y?all

Back