Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

This may be a bit premature...

Spartanmack

...but now that it looks like we may have $80mm freed up, should we hire Colorado's coach again?

Who's out there or gonna be out there?

...but now that it looks like we may have $80mm freed up, should we hire Colorado's coach again?

Who's out there or gonna be out there?

Damn.

That would sure catch the attention of some folks.

How wide is that transfer portal?

Can all 87 of them like, fit through at the same time?

A lot of them are like, pretty stout and broad.

MSU coaching transitions usually mimic that of shifting gears without depressing the clutch (with acknowledgment that Michigan has done that as well). But what if the gears are stripped?

Where's Johnny with reports on late night private jet traffic in and out of East Lansing? I thought for sure by now there'd be some speculation if not stories about an all but done deal like with Luke Fickell in 2020.

I guess I need to be patient, we probably won't even be able to start talks with active coaches until after Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
I have seen more than a few different stories, message board posts etc suggesting they pursue Urban Meyer. Which is clearly not the direction you want to go when you're replacing a coach due to a scandal.

I'd say Hartline but if he's successful he'd be plucked by OSU. I'd bet their first call will be to Narduzzi but is MSU a more appealing job than Pitt now? It's exponentially harder to win now, let alone when you add USC and Oregon to the mix. The ACC is a very winnable league.

I have seen more than a few different stories, message board posts etc suggesting they pursue Urban Meyer. Which is clearly not the direction you want to go when you're replacing a coach due to a scandal.

I'd say Hartline but if he's successful he'd be plucked by OSU. I'd bet their first call will be to Narduzzi but is MSU a more appealing job than Pitt now? It's exponentially harder to win now, let alone when you add USC and Oregon to the mix. The ACC is a very winnable league.

First, I don't want Narduzzi - I'd take him over Tucker but he's not on my short list.

But I don't think it's that much harder to win now in the B1G - USC and Oregon are very volatile and we're not going to play them every year and the rest of the B1G western teams are either mediocre or garbage. I'm not convinced uofm is a powerhouse and look at their schedule this year - it's pretty soft and we could have schedules like that with 16 teams. Nothing has changed at PSU, they're good but not great and if anything OSU isn't what they were under Meyer.

In the ACC he has Clemson, FSU and Miami to compete with as well as a couple other teams that are capable of putting together decent teams.

It's probably harder to win at MSU than Pitt but it's always been the case, not because of any changes in the conference.

Edit: and I definitely don't want Meyer.

Last edited:

Follow up to my point about not wanting Narduzzi - i don't think it matters because we'll probably end up doing something dumb like hire Mike Tressel for the job...

Sportsline's Odds on who will be MSU's next coach (link)

I don't think Jason Candle was at the top of the list a couple days ago. I think he'd be a good hire. Harlan Barnett has been sliding... but I guess he could win his way into the job.

Honestly, most of the names on the list would be an improvement over Tucker, so there's that.

I don't know why people are so high on Brian Hartline. He's only 36 (a bit young), and he just had that whole "drunk driving on an ATV" incident that put a friend in the hospital last season. Plus, winning games with a huge talent disparity like OSU has is a COMPLETELY different situation than he'd be taking over at in East Lansing.

Of everyone on the list, if I'm Haller, I'm quietly rebuilding that bridge to Narduzzi right now.

Sportsline's Odds on who will be MSU's next coach (link)

I don't think Jason Candle was at the top of the list a couple days ago. I think he'd be a good hire. Harlan Barnett has been sliding... but I guess he could win his way into the job.

Honestly, most of the names on the list would be an improvement over Tucker, so there's that.

I don't know why people are so high on Brian Hartline. He's only 36 (a bit young), and he just had that whole "drunk driving on an ATV" incident that put a friend in the hospital last season. Plus, winning games with a huge talent disparity like OSU has is a COMPLETELY different situation than he'd be taking over at in East Lansing.

Of everyone on the list, if I'm Haller, I'm quietly rebuilding that bridge to Narduzzi right now.

Didn't Harbaugh have a thing for under aged women in the 90s (yes, he did) - you're gonna look the other way on that but want to ruin a guys career over an ATV accident?

also, a big part of the reason OSU has a huge talent disparity is Hartline's ability to recruit. he may not pull the same level of talent at MSU, but he'd probably do better than anyone else on the list and previous MSU coaches.

Last edited:
Didn't Harbaugh have a thing for under aged women in the 90s (yes, he did) - you're gonna look the other way on that but want to ruin a guys career over an ATV accident?

also, a big part of the reason OSU has a huge talent disparity is Hartline's ability to recruit. he may not pull the same level of talent, but he'd probably do better than anyone else on the list and previous MSU coaches.

Well, as someone who is NOT an MSU fan, I think Hartline would be a good hire... for us. And the rest of MSU's opponents.

Well, as someone who is NOT an MSU fan, I think Hartline would be a good hire... for us. And the rest of MSU's opponents.

well from someone who knows as much about college football as you, your opinion of Hartline, or anyone else is pretty worthless.

Last edited:
So looks like maybe we should not hire Colorados coach again. Prime gettin shut out 42-0.

You don't want a circus, you need someone who can bring stability. Deion is a total clown.

Yeah, I was kidding about hiring Deion. I?d quit forever if they brought him in - at least until he and the entire AD?s office that brought him in was gone.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was kidding about hiring Deion. I?d quit forever if they brought him in - at least until he and the entire AD?s office that brought him in was gone.

It appears that Deion's luggage is more like Samsonite than "Louis."

Back