Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers acquire Omar Infante and Anibal Sanchez

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi

#Tigers giving up Jacob Turner plus in deal for A Sanchez and Infante.

Ouch!

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi

#Tigers giving up Jacob Turner plus in deal for A Sanchez and Infante.

Ouch!

Dude, established starting pitcher and a 2B that is good on both offense and defense is totally worth a pitching prospect. So many things can go wrong with pitching prospects, unless they are can't miss a la Justin Verlander and Stephen Strasburg, if you can get 2 established players for one, you better take it.

this is honestly the best trade we could have asked for.

Welcome back Omar, was a fan of him back when the team was crawling out of 119 losses.

Nice move just hope Turner is the center piece of the deal alone, and the other prospect are just fringe types...

Yeah but understand that Anibal Sanchez is a FA at the end of the year and making 8m this season so to resign were looking at 5y 45-55m so unless an extension in involved now before we have to overpay then this is basically for a 1/2 year rental.

And with the new CBA we will not gain compensation now if we do lose him to free agency at the end of the season since we obtained him mid season.

I really like it. Jacob Turner could be a very good pitcher, but he didn't look like a #1 type talent to me. And you get 2 proven MLB players who right now and probably next year too are better players than turner at this level.

Huge and we trade what we have a lot of for immediate help.

Love it!

Gammons says Brantley too, ouch. Don't like as much, and Sanchez could leave after the season. Still, like the idea of doing something substantial.

A Sanchez, Infante and comp balance pick for Jacob Turner, Rob Brantly, , Brian Flynn and Det. comp pick.

Yeah but understand that Anibal Sanchez is a FA at the end of the year and making 8m this season so to resign were looking at 5y 45-55m so unless an extension in involved now before we have to overpay then this is basically for a 1/2 year rental.

And with the new CBA we will not gain compensation now if we do lose him to free agency at the end of the season since we obtained him mid season.

Yeah but understand that Jacob Turner is not a ML pitcher yet and could blow his arm out at any time or just never make it to the bigs full time. Anibal Sanchez is a good starter who you know what you are getting with him and he is an established ML pitcher.

A Sanchez, Infante and comp balance pick for Jacob Turner, Rob Brantly, Brian Flynn and Det. comp pick.

Tigers make a deal and I pulled a 15-20 dollar Planeswalker today out of a pack good news all around!!!!

I wonder who the other players are?

Back