Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers have 12 players due 30+ million this off season

Harold can at least hit for average. 2nd most hits this season. 1st year arb, what price is he looking at?

Harold can at least hit for average. 2nd most hits this season. 1st year arb, what price is he looking at?

I found this on another site

Drew Hutchison (5.097): $1.8MM
Joe Jimenez (5.061): $2.6MM
Jeimer Candelario (5.038): $7MM
Jose Cisnero (5.020): $2.2MM
Victor Reyes (4.075): $2.2MM
Austin Meadows (4.074): $4MM
Harold Castro (3.141): $2.6MM
Gregory Soto (3.102): $3.1MM
Tyler Alexander (3.058): $1.6MM
Willi Castro (3.017): $1.7MM
Rony Garcia (2.138): $1MM
Kyle Funkhouser (2.133): $800K

I'd probably keep all of them except Candy, Jimenez, and Willi Castro.

Had his career year and still was -0.2 WAR. He can't draw a walk and his defense EVERYWHERE stinks. No thanks.

You can have 1 guy like that on the end of your bench, but having reyes and both castros is too much.

Last edited:
Had his career year and still was -0.2 WAR. He can't draw a walk and his defense EVERYWHERE stinks. No thanks.

You can have 1 guy like that on the end of your bench, but having reyes and both castros is too much.

All three of them suck, but like you said, they are bench players. The Tigers still have to field a full roster of players. They aren't going to go out and sign a bunch of free agents and I don't think there are many guys in the system that are any better than a Castro or Reyes. My guess is two of the three will be on the roster next year.

All three of them suck, but like you said, they are bench players. The Tigers still have to field a full roster of players. They aren't going to go out and sign a bunch of free agents and I don't think there are many guys in the system that are any better than a Castro or Reyes. My guess is two of the three will be on the roster next year.

We have guys like Lipcious, Krieder, Perez and Carpenter that at least have upside that 1 could turn into an everyday player. 3-4 years of seeing those 3 bums is enough.

I understand that he's very limited in what he can do. I think it depends on new players next season. Right now offense is so bad at this moment I think he has a chance to make team. Though $2.4m might be too much.

We have guys like Lipcious, Krieder, Perez and Carpenter that at least have upside that 1 could turn into an everyday player. 3-4 years of seeing those 3 bums is enough.

not sure you want those guys rotting on the bench or playing every day in the minors to further develop. If one of them wins a job in spring training, bring them up. But having them sit on the bench doesn't make much sense to me.

not sure you want those guys rotting on the bench or playing every day in the minors to further develop. If one of them wins a job in spring training, bring them up. But having them sit on the bench doesn't make much sense to me.

A lot depends on what the new gm does in free agency. If we don't sign anyone I'm betting they plan on playing those kids every day. I can't imagine there's a scenario where more than one of Castro, Castro and reyes are on this team next spring.

If we do sign an 3rd baseman and corner OF then I'd probably rather those guys start at toledo tho.

Back