Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Twins Game #104 Aug 1st, 2022

Skubal is an absolute dawg!!!

When Gordon stole 2nd and took 3rd on throwing error, Skubal threw the next pitch head high over the inside part of the plate. As he got the ball back, he glared at Gordon on 3rd for a couple of seconds. Love that dawg mentality for a guy on the mound.

I'm not so sure that's a "dawg" mentality, it seems more like being a poor sport. Just like when he threw a temper tantrum when his own teammates let him down his last start.

I'm not so sure that's a "dawg" mentality, it seems more like being a poor sport. Just like when he threw a temper tantrum when his own teammates let him down his last start.

Part of dawg mentality is not giving a shit about your opponents. You can't let someone disrespect your team. Even though Schoop should have been going to his position and paying attention to the game, you have to respond to Gordon taking cheap bases.

Part of dawg mentality is not giving a shit about your opponents. You can't let someone disrespect your team. Even though Schoop should have been going to his position and paying attention to the game, you have to respond to Gordon taking cheap bases.

no you don't...it's Gordon's job to pay attention and take the base. Just like it was Skubal's job to not throw the ball into center field. Gordon was in the right and Skubal was 100% at fault that Gordon made it to 3B

no you don't...it's Gordon's job to pay attention and take the base. Just like it was Skubal's job to not throw the ball into center field. Gordon was in the right and Skubal was 100% at fault that Gordon made it to 3B

First it was on Schoop. He was walking out to center instead of returning to his position. The error belongs on Skubal for the terrible throw but you don't need to make that throw if Schoop does his job properly.

To me , it was a warning that if he tries it again, he will get plunked. I like baseball justice and Skubal seems willing to distribute it. Love Skubal and his mentality!!!

First it was on Schoop. He was walking out to center instead of returning to his position. The error belongs on Skubal for the terrible throw but you don't need to make that throw if Schoop does his job properly.

To me , it was a warning that if he tries it again, he will get plunked. I like baseball justice and Skubal seems willing to distribute it. Love Skubal and his mentality!!!

so, if Riley Green takes a free base because the Tiger's opponent isn't paying attention, you think it's wrong and he should get plunked? That makes no sense at all.

so, if Riley Green takes a free base because the Tiger's opponent isn't paying attention, you think it's wrong and he should get plunked? That makes no sense at all.

I never said anything about Gordon being wrong. Skubal hit no one. But if someone continually takes cheap stuff, the unwritten rules will get you.

Makes 100% sense but it doesn't seem like you never played higher level baseball where you learn these lessons.

Last edited:
I never said anything about Gordon being wrong. Skubal hit no one. But if someone continually takes cheap stuff, the unwritten rules will get you.

Makes 100% sense but it doesn't seem like you never played higher level baseball where you learn these lessons.

So, there is an unwritten rule that you aren't supposed to take a free base? :lmao:

So, there is an unwritten rule that you aren't supposed to take a free base? :lmao:

Is English a second language for you? I said Gordon did nothing wrong. With that question, it is obvious that you don't understand baseball.

Is English a second language for you? I said Gordon did nothing wrong. With that question, it is obvious that you don't understand baseball.

so, Gordon did nothing wrong, but if he keeps doing nothing wrong he is going to get hit.

Is English your second language?

so, Gordon did nothing wrong, but if he keeps doing nothing wrong he is going to get hit.

Is English your second language?

Ever not never. Sorry for the error.

I'm also would like apologize again. This time because I wasn't able to understand baseball for you.

Ever not never. Sorry for the error.

I'm also would like apologize again. This time because I wasn't able to understand baseball for you.

I understand baseball just fine. I have just never heard the unwritten rule that states that if a player takes a free base (which you yourself said is OK) you may get plunked if you do it too many times. I mean, are you ok with 3 times...do you get plunked if you do it 4?

You know why you can't explain it...because you are wrong.

I understand baseball just fine. I have just never heard the unwritten rule that states that if a player takes a free base (which you yourself said is OK) you may get plunked if you do it too many times. I mean, are you ok with 3 times...do you get plunked if you do it 4?

I said cheap stuff not free base. I won't let you twist what I said.

So if I understand your view correctly, if it is legal, it is ok?

And a simple answer to your question is yes.

What Gordon did was embarrassing for the Tigers. If you embarrassing a team repeatedly, you will get plunked.

And a simple answer to your question is yes.

What Gordon did was embarrassing for the Tigers. If you embarrassing a team repeatedly, you will get plunked.

so the Tigers make two mistakes that allow Gordon to get to 3B and he's the one that might get plunked if it happens again?

so the Tigers make two mistakes that allow Gordon to get to 3B and he's the one that might get plunked if it happens again?

Please re-read my response to this statement. Focus on the last sentence.

I'm working hard to understand it for you.

Please re-read my response to this statement. Focus on the last sentence.

I'm working hard to understand it for you.

I fully understand what you are saying. I am telling you that it makes no sense at all, because he isn't the one embarrassing the Tigers...they are doing it to themselves.

Gordon does nothing wrong. Two Detroit Tigers make bone headed moves. If this happens again, Gordon gets plunked:lmao:

Back