Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ White Sox Game 136 September 2 2023

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/tigers-vs-white-sox/2023/09/02/716749/final/box
Boxscore and Highlights.

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2023/9...era-reese-olson-spencer-torkelson-akil-baddoo
Tigers 10 - White Sox 0: Andre Lipcius sparks a Tigers? party on the south side.
Reese Olson blanked the Sox over seven innings, and the bats went off in a big, big way.
BYBTB

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...ague-debut-tigers-rout-white-sox/70755262007/
Lipcius homers in major-league debut, Tigers rout White Sox.
Detnews

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...chicago-white-sox-miguel-cabrera/70754972007/
Miguel Cabrera leads the Detroit Tigers to 10-0 win over White Sox with four-hit performance.
Freep

Win/losses against the teams they have played.
Tigers 6-23 verses the AL East.

Yankees 1-3
Baltimore 1-6
Boston 1-5
Tampa Bay 1-5
Blue jays 2-4
===============
6-23

Mets 3-0
Giants 3-0
Brewers 2-1
Rockies 2-1
Cards 2-1
Pittsburgh 2-2
Philadelphia 0-3
Arizona 0-3
Atlanta 1-2
San Diego 1-2
Washington 1-2
Marlins 1-2
Cubs 1-2
==============
19-21

Oakland 1-2
Texas 3-4
LAA 0-3
Seattle 3-3
Astros 3-3
=============
10-15

White Sox 5-4
Kansas City 7-3
Cleveland 7-3.
Minnesota 8-5.
===================
Division 27-15

Tigers Home 29-40. (Just one helluva home record)
Tigers away 33-34
===============
Tigers overall are 62-74

Tigers 19-21 in inter league.
Tigers are 17-16 in one run game's
Tigers are 53-67 in 9 inning games.
Tigers are 9-7 in xtra inning game
========================
First half???..39-50
Second half?...23-24
=======================
Tigers by the month
Month by Month
Split W L RS RA W-L%
March 0-1 0 4 .000
April 10-16 88 131
May 16-11 116 125
June 9-18 105 132
July 12-13 108 120
Aug.13-15 110-139
Sept 2-0 14-2

East 6-23
Central 27-15
Inter- League 19-21
West 10-15

Last edited:
https://totallytigers.wordpress.com/2023/09/02/deeper-discussions-86/
DEEPER DISCUSSIONS.
Totally Tigers

The Detroit Tigers starting rotation will be changing significantly next year.

Their #1 starter, Eduardo Rodriguez, is widely expected to opt out of his contract. Matthew Boyd and Michael Lorenzen, the #2 and #3 starters are gone.

That leaves a number of starters who are just starting to work their way back from the IL. They include Matt Manning, Casey Mize, Tarik Skubal and Spencer Turnbull. (Please save your comments about Turnbull for Tuesday when we will address what is going on.)

According to MLB, a #1 starter is your ace. He and your #2 pitcher give you a really good chance to win most times that they are on the mound. They offer quality starts and generally only give up only 1-2 runs.

The best #3 to #5 starters will give you quality starts as well but not as often. They will also give up more runs. The weakest of them will be innings eaters and pitch inconsistently.

Currently the 4 starters mentioned above are working their way back so inconsistency is expected right now.

But what about next year?

Do you believe that any of them can turn into #1 or #2 starters for the Tigers?

Today?s blog addresses this dilemma and allows readers to share their thoughts in more detail. And hopefully, to actively engage with others by responding to their posts and creating back-and-forth discussion threads. The more the merrier!

For this one blog only, you?ve got 6 sentences max to share your thoughts. Of course, you can also respond to other readers.

TT will supply the ammunition. One thought-provoking question. Several options provided. One hard choice to be selected. One vote.
Ready?

Do the Tigers have a #1 or #2 starter in Manning, Mize, Skubal or Turnbull for 2024?

1. Yes, 1-2 will become top of the rotation guys.

2. Still too soon to tell.

3. No, don't see any of them earning the #1 or #2 slots.

VOTE

Last edited:
They said he was out for the season.

As much as I love seeing some of his highlight diving catches, he needs to tone it down a bit. Him injuring himself and missing extended time isn't worth one meaningless out.

As much as I love seeing some of his highlight diving catches, he needs to tone it down a bit. Him injuring himself and missing extended time isn't worth one meaningless out.
I hate the injuries but how do you tone it down.. it reminds of sweet Lou who I don't remember if he ever dove for a ball. Its either in your DNA or not.

Last edited:
I hate the injuries but how do you tone it down.. it reminds of sweet Lou who I don't remember if he ever dove for a ball. Its either in your DNA or not.

I agree that diving for a ball is in your "DNA". I think guys that don't dive for a ball are almost never going to (like Lou). But, a guy that has that in his game can definitely tone it down.

Back