Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Title Game

tomdalton22

It appears that nobody on DFS cares too much about fantasy football. I remember the old ESPN boards where it was very active.

Anybody else in a championship game this year? This is the first one for me in a long time! :cheers:

It appears that nobody on DFS cares too much about fantasy football. I remember the old ESPN boards where it was very active.

Anybody else in a championship game this year? This is the first one for me in a long time! :cheers:

2 leagues, 2 championship games. I'd say I'm the extreme favorite in one and not so much in the other. I've scaled way back on actual leagues. I do far better in Daily Fantasy and it's more rewarding as you don't get dicked over by injuries nearly as often. I feel it's more predictable with proper research.

I got carried by McCaffrey in both leagues. I feel fortunate about that.

Next season I plan on a hockey fantasy league. Never did that before but its something different.

I use to play every fantasy sport but now for some reason I just can?t get fired up for them anymore. Not sure what happened. I use to love them. I still have all my paper work from my first fantasy baseball league that I won and did it all by hand using the USA Today way back in the early 90?s.

Last edited:
I use to play every fantasy sport but now for some reason I just can?t get fired up for them anymore. Not sure what happened. I use to love them. I still have all my paper work from my first fantasy baseball league that I won and did it all by hand using the USA Today way back in the early 90?s.

I played fantasy baseball one time...way too time consuming. I do remember running a football league back in the 90's and using the USA Today to calculate everyone's points.

wasn't it called rotisserie baseball or something like that back then? I remember one of my econ professors in business school still called it that in '99 or '00.

I was in one fantasy football league for a couple years in the early 2000s but it became a fairly big time commitment and I didn't end up being more of an NFL fan, just spending more time watching it. After a couple seasons, I gave it up and went back to just following college football - my claim to fame was drafting an virtually unknown QB out of Michigan, this guy named Tom Brady. I had him backing up Favre but he was producing almost as many points on a weekly basis.

Last edited:
wasn't it called rotisserie baseball or something like that back then? I remember one of my econ professors in business school still called it that in '99 or '00.

I was in one fantasy football league for a couple years in the early 2000s but it became a fairly big time commitment and I didn't end up being more of an NFL fan, just spending more time watching it. After a couple seasons, I gave it up and went back to just following college football - my claim to fame was drafting an virtually unknown QB out of Michigan, this guy named Tom Brady. I had him backing up Favre but he was producing almost as many points on a weekly basis.

Yes it was called Rotisserie baseball. Or something along those lines. I remember one baseball draft I wanted to be in a league so bad the commissioner open it up the league after they had drafted and me and another guy go to pick from 2 teams to get into the league. I think it was the tigers and Brewers. We met the commissioner at a bar for the draft. Hence they never did that again. I knew both teams better then the other guys and I think finished 2nd or 3rd.

Nice back up pick up with Brady. Now way you could have benched Favre. You were stacked at Qb

How to we know that's you?

It's me, but I guess if you don't believe me, it is what it is. I could make a video, full of vulgar language for making me waste a bunch of time proving it to you

Last edited:
It's me, but I guess if you don't believe me, it is what it is. I could make a video, full of vulgar language for making me waste a bunch of time proving it to you

Wait, what?

You already did post a video that apparently not everyone believes.

Back