Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tom Weiskopf, 1973 Open champion, dies at age 79.

Mitchrapp

Northern Michigan Wildcats
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Rest in peace. They missed the boat on HOF status. PGA different than other sports 15 wins on tour and 2 majors. He had 16 wins, also one Major. But his other non tour wins and his architecture prowess.. He should be in.

Last edited:
Rest in peace. They missed the boat on HOF status. PGA different than other sports 15 wins on tour and 2 majors. He had 16 wins, also one Major. But his other non tour wins and his architecture prowess.. He should be in.

I never knew much about how they determined/selected HOF members for golf until reading it just now. It totally makes sense to do it the way they do, using a "points" system to become eligible. I think it would make sense to give points for top 10 finishes in majors as well. In his majors career, he finished in the top ten 20 times, including 5 second place finishes.

That is one good thing about golf or other individual sports. Your record is pretty much all on you.

I never knew much about how they determined/selected HOF members for golf until reading it just now. It totally makes sense to do it the way they do, using a "points" system to become eligible. I think it would make sense to give points for top 10 finishes in majors as well. In his majors career, he finished in the top ten 20 times, including 5 second place finishes.

That is one good thing about golf or other individual sports. Your record is pretty much all on you.

Exactly, no good or bad team or it was this guys fault but it lies on you and you only.

You?re talking about FedEx points right?

FedEx points is the unique characteristics of the PGA tour that makes it actually the only sports tour that has ever existed, regardless of what anybody may say to the contrary.

Back