Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trump pardons Kwame Kilpatrick

Michchamp

Link.

28 years does seem pretty damn excessive, considering his actions never got anyone killed (as far as we know) unlike some OTHER Michigan politicians who did, and who are likely to get nothing more than a slap on the wrist for it.

Link.

28 years does seem pretty damn excessive, considering his actions never got anyone killed (as far as we know) unlike some OTHER Michigan politicians who did, and who are likely to get nothing more than a slap on the wrist for it.

Kwame should run for president in 2024. Everyone else will. The only time I ever saw Kwame in person was at the Detroit International Auto Show, surrounded by bodyguards, with sinister looks on their faces, practically encouraging a confrontation.

A few years earlier, when Dennis Archer was mayor, he migrated about Cobo by himself, and even occupied the urinal next to me at one point during the day. I nodded, and he nodded back.

Kwame should run for president in 2024. Everyone else will. The only time I ever saw Kwame in person was at the Detroit International Auto Show, surrounded by bodyguards, with sinister looks on their faces, practically encouraging a confrontation.

A few years earlier, when Dennis Archer was mayor, he migrated about Cobo by himself, and even occupied the urinal next to me at one point during the day. I nodded, and he nodded back.

Yeah, Kilpatrick was a bad guy. He deserved to go to jail.

I just wish we enforced the laws consistently, because he is far from being the only elected official during his time in office -or since - who deserved a lengthy prison sentence.

Kinda wonder what's going through the collective minds of political machines/families when brutes like Kwame Kilpatrick get moved to positions of leadership. they could all keep feeding at the trough if they just show a modicum of restraint and common sense...

He didn't pardon here either, his record still stands. Just commuted the sentence.

Back