Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

UofM football coaching staff is now complete

hungry

Out on offense is Ed Warriner OL coach

Sherrone Moore is retained, new OL coach and the participation trophy Co-OC title. Sherrone was previously the TE coach the last 3 seasons.

IN: Ron Bellamy, former player and now former head coach of West Bloomfield high school. Donovan Edwards just led this team to the state championship. Ron is the new WR coach

IN: already discussed, former player Mike Hart is the new RB coach

Jim Harbaugh will be coaching QB's

Gattis is retained as the offensive coordinator

Out: already discussed, Ben McDaniels, former QB coach

Warriner might stay on as an analyst, though this is yet to be finalized.

Not sure if all of these were good or bad. I guess we'll wait and see. The focus seems to be shifted to younger coaches that are hopefully better recruiters.

Last edited:
Warriner leaving is probably bad.

My friend who is obsessively on rivals and scout all day said it's rumored he left due to issues with Gattis, but that was only a rumor.

I suppose if Warriner leaving reduces friction (and therefore dysfunction) on the staff that's a good thing, but I can't help but look at the fact that Warriner was the more experienced coach, and the OL seemed improved under him, and think the wrong guy left.

Gattis hasn't been a homerun hire, and yet they took a HUGE chance hiring an inexperienced OC and paying him $1MM a year. in 2019, the team played better when running the ball, which is not the "speed in space" thing he was supposed to bring to the table.

Aside from the Mike Hart hire, all this seems bad.

Word is that Warriner is better at developing, but not at recruiting.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of the Bellamy hire either

The talking heads seem to think he'll be a good recruiter.

I think I'd rather have a proven WR coach at the collegiate level

Oh well

Back