Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Week 10 Score Prediction Thread - vs. Purdue

Michchamp

When? This Saturday, November 4, 2023 @ 7:30 PM Eastern (a Night Game for this?!?!), Michigan plays Purdue.

Line: UM -33
o/u: 50.5
Sagarin predictor: UM wins by 31

Game notes: Michigan is 46-14 all time vs. the Boilermakers. We've won our last five (5) games in a row vs. Purdue, going back to 2010, under RichRod. We're on a 23 game regular season win streak, and have won 20 straight in Michigan Stadium (record is 28, under Bo).

1662573024-cheating.jpg

According to some really smart people who went to really tough-to-get-into schools like Michigan State and Ohio State, we've only managed to do this by cheating - CHEATING THEY TELLS US! - and should forfeit all our games going back to 2020, fire our coach and never play football again.

The whole thing is so absurd, I'm tired of even thinking about it or opining about it, and if losers want to sling mud, let them. They have short and highly selective memories as it is. SOOO... I'll leave them with the words of the immortal Al Davis...

8804533.gif

About our Opponent:

Purdue is lousy this season, under new 1st Year Head Coach Ryan Walters. This is also his 1st year as a HC; just last season he was Illinois' DC and had been Mizzou's DC for several years going back to 2016 before that. Purdue is currently 2-6 (1-4) and is tied for the worst overall record with Indiana and MSU (IU and MSU both have the worst conference records at 0-5).

Unlike some of those schools, Purdue kinda has an excuse, in that they not only lost a decent HC in Jeff Brohm, who jumped ship to go back to UL, but a good DC (former UM DC Ron English, who left went with Brohm). They lost A LOT of talent from last year, including ace QB Aidan O'Connell, 2 WRs (David Bell & Charlie Jones) to the NFL, and NFL 1st round Pick George Karlaftis (DE).

Purdue has also played a tough schedule so far (Sagarin ranked 8th overall toughest), so it's hard to know if they're as bad as some of the other bottom feeders in the conference, or more of a victim of circumstances.

Stats Watch!
Total Defense: 1st (Purdue is 71st)
Rush Defense: 6th (... 80th)
Pass Eff Defense: 2nd (...73rd)
Scoring Defense: 1st (...95th)
Rushing Offense: 44th(!!!) (...t91st)
passing Eff.: 3rd (113th)
Scoring Offense: 6th (104th)
Turnover Margin: 7th (t61st)
Penalties/Game: t2nd (85th)

Let's get the running game going this week, eh? Enough is enough.

But... yeah. I don't see them giving us much of a game. They'd have to play out of their heads to make that happen. Even if we play sloppy, they don't have anything on offense to make us pay for our mistakes. Still, the SOS factor means their numbers are likely deflated a bit. They aren't as much of a mess as they appear to be on paper.

So go ahead and make your picks and post some analysis if you so choose, but as always, leave the woofing and the barking for other threads!

As long as the refs don't take away a touchdown from Michigan again this week:

Michigan 56
Purdue 7

I think...

UM...38
PU.....3

The tough part of our schedule starts next week, and we bear no animosity toward PU so we get through playing vanilla and move on.

I think...

UM...38
PU.....3

The tough part of our schedule starts next week, and we bear no animosity toward PU so we get through playing vanilla and move on.

Okay... prior to Purdue's coach revealing he's a whiny little bitch and running his mouth, the part about no animosity was true. Now it's not.

I'm going with:

UM.....56
PU.......3

Ryan Walters fucked himself.

If this fuckface wouldve just kept his mouth shut, I would've said 41-10, but........

66-7

I?m starting to think that Michigan is going to lay a beat down on Purdue tonight. Taking out some frustration and proving a point

Michigan 270, Purdue 0. I know this prediction is past deadline.

Back