Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Week 9 other games (Minnesota lost to md)

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
Hmm, maybe they weren't that good after all. Maryland was being talked about as the worst - or close to worst team in the conference after getting destroyed by NW last week. Takes a lot of my enthusiasm away, but I guess we'll find out who Michigan is very soon. Looking forward to it.

Go Blue

I'm not discounting how shitty Maryland is by any means when I say this, but it doesn't make me any less enthusiastic about how our team played last week. First game of the season, new QB, 4 new starters on the online, 3 very good receivers gone, lost both starting corners and Uche. Still won a road game against a squad that was 11-2 a year ago. I get that the road game factor is nil this year but it's still a factor.

Plus, and probably most importantly, the team has gotten off to very poor starts nearly every year since Jim got here. The fact that they looked so crisp in the first game should still be encouraging.

Also, let's not forget that Maryland has been a jekyll and Hyde team. They took osu to the wire a few years ago and have blown out teams that ended up being decent early on (Texas twice). I didn't watch any of the game tonight but considering we would have been pretty happy with the result last week if it was a first game against a Mac opponent in September, I'm not going to complain about that result against a B1G team.

They lost in OT on a missed PAT by their 4th string kicker. Not saying they should have even been in ot but still.

Minny was down 21-7 in the first qtr and went ahead 28-21 by halftime. In the 2nd half the Gophers extended to 38-21. Then the "row your boat" team turtled. They started running the same play over and over again. Tanner Morgan, not once, kept the ball to run for a 1st. He handed the ball off every time and Maryland caught on. The Gophers defense is also pure uncorrupted trash. They couldn't stop Maryland at all.

I do think everyone needs to hold their turds on this Michigan team, though. Lets see if the Rock can carve them up today. He has nothing to lose. If State comes in with a good game plan and can keep from turning it over, we may be in for a dogfight.

Minny was down 21-7 in the first qtr and went ahead 28-21 by halftime. In the 2nd half the Gophers extended to 38-21. Then the "row your boat" team turtled. They started running the same play over and over again. Tanner Morgan, not once, kept the ball to run for a 1st. He handed the ball off every time and Maryland caught on. The Gophers defense is also pure uncorrupted trash. They couldn't stop Maryland at all.

I do think everyone needs to hold their turds on this Michigan team, though. Lets see if the Rock can carve them up today. He has nothing to lose. If State comes in with a good game plan and can keep from turning it over, we may be in for a dogfight.

That?s what I?m gonna do. I?m gonna hold my turds.

Curiously that?s been my motto this whole season from the time it was scheduled for the third or fourth time. I was like ?I?m just so glad that the B1G finally nadded up and joined the party that I?m gonna hold my turds on this Michigan team this strange, strange season.?

Meanwhile, back at ranch, Auburn is rolling already two loss defending national champ LSU.

That?s what I?m gonna do. I?m gonna hold my turds.

Curiously that?s been my motto this whole season from the time it was scheduled for the third or fourth time. I was like ?I?m just so glad that the B1G finally nadded up and joined the party that I?m gonna hold my turds on this Michigan team this strange, strange season.?

So, does this mean you'll steal my phrasing in case anything good starts happening the rest of this football season?

Back