Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

We're all Dead - Thanks Trump

I'm reading that no one is sure what the death rate is, and over the last couple weeks, I've read a few articles criticizing the official numbers coming out of China.

the US supposedly just had its first non-Chinese case in CA, which if true would mean there has been person-to-person transmission here.

the procedure for getting tested here (going to the emergency room) is ridiculously expensive, so few people will do this, and will likely just pass the virus around.

and now Trump put Mike Pence in charge of the response, a man who puts more stock in faith than science. it's like he WANTS there to be an epidemic here..

if only we had medicare for all. That way every time some asshole gets the sniffles they could go straight to the ER...since it's free and all :cheers:

if only we had medicare for all. That way every time some asshole gets the sniffles they could go straight to the ER...since it's free and all :cheers:

We all pay! it's just cheaper for all, and no insurance industry greedheads get to profit from other people's health problems! :tup:

the procedure for getting tested here (going to the emergency room) is ridiculously expensive, so few people will do this, and will likely just pass the virus around.

Dude - in what universe do you live in?

The ER and publicly funded clinics is the FIRST place people with no money, no insurance, and no actual legal residency status go to for EVERYTHING!

Last edited:
2% death rate. Flu might kill more people this year.

There might be a silver lining in that everything we do to slow the spread of covid 19 might cut back on the spread of the flu this year too. I haven't heard any experts say that, but it stands to reason.

There might be a silver lining in that everything we do to slow the spread of covid 19 might cut back on the spread of the flu this year too. I haven't heard any experts say that, but it stands to reason.

a better silver lining would be if it kills all the people insisting it's no big deal and they're intentionally booking travel plans now because it's cheaper.

a better silver lining would be if it kills all the people insisting it's no big deal and they're intentionally booking travel plans now because it's cheaper.

I want a 90% restocking fee on anyone that tries to return toilet paper once they realize they don't want to store a two-year supply.

Don't get me wrong, I feel like a 1 month supply is prudent and I wouldn't criticize someone for getting a few months worth, but the worst overreactors should be stuck with their TP.

I want a 90% restocking fee on anyone that tries to return toilet paper once they realize they don't want to store a two-year supply.

Don't get me wrong, I feel like a 1 month supply is prudent and I wouldn't criticize someone for getting a few months worth, but the worst overreactors should be stuck with their TP.

... or they could just get coronavirus and die.

Back