Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What would be worse...

Spartanmack

Losing by 50+ this weekend or winning and Haller hiring Barnett as head coach?

Thankfully we don't have to worry about the latter scenario - the winning part anyway, it's still possible Haller could screw this program up worse than it is.

If those were literally my only 2 options: we lose by 50+ or we win but Barnett is guaranteed to be the next head coach, it wouldn?t even be a question I?d happily accept being beaten down to a pulp. I said it on the Michigan board and there?s a strong part of me that actually feels this way, but part of me wants this to be an absolute embarrassment and 50+ point loss to further humiliate every person involved with MSU athletics and illustrate the need to do a complete reset of this program top to bottom.

Sadly, I agree. I'll never pull for MSU to lose a game, but I feel it's a foregone conclusion so I don't have to.

Plus, if Haller isn't a total incompetent, even if we got the 2+ standard deviation event this weekend, I think Barnett would probably need to also beat either psu or osu and at least two of three of MN (THE UofM), Neb & IU to have a shot at the job. All that combined is a 6 sigma event.

I took a quick look at uofm's schedule thus far, other than Mtn West powerhouse UNLV, they haven't faced a top 100 offense all year - their other 6 opponents are 124th, 125th, 108th, 101st, 119th & 118th. Our offense is all the way up at #95 - watch out michigan fans!

Last edited:
Gents, I ain?t thinking that this game will be a walkover. Just the gut talking (which is an extension of the brain).

If you're a risk seeker and you think 25 is close to the worst case, this might be a good game to take action points on MSU.

Last edited:
Gents, I ain?t thinking that this game will be a walkover. Just the gut talking (which is an extension of the brain).

Oh, this is going to be a shit show for us MSU fans.

The only outlier is if Houser is WAY better than anyone knows. He was solid against Rutgers.....but he's going to have 3x the pressure each time he steps back to throw this Saturday, and hes going to have to be BETTER than he was last week.

I think it's close for 20 minutes.....maybe 17-10 ish......but the last 40 min is all U of M.

45-13 Fuckfaces.

Oh, this is going to be a shit show for us MSU fans.

The only outlier is if Houser is WAY better than anyone knows. He was solid against Rutgers.....but he's going to have 3x the pressure each time he steps back to throw this Saturday, and hes going to have to be BETTER than he was last week.

I think it's close for 20 minutes.....maybe 17-10 ish......but the last 40 min is all U of M.

45-13 Fuckfaces.

Like I said in the M score prediction thread " it's a hunch I can't shake." I get them sometimes.

I've never seen my Spartan brothers so despondent prior to M-MSU.

I've never seen my Spartan brothers so despondent prior to M-MSU.

The only times I've felt like that as a Michigan fan were from maybe 2/3s of the way through RichRod's first season until he was fired (so like November 2008 to December 2010), and the entire 2014 season after ND beat us 31-0.

At least we had new ADs in place each time, so there was hope for the future.

I read MSU has hired an actual search firm now, so presumably Haller will have some help... he will need it (because he's really incompetent)

My score prediction from the uofm thread...

MSU 50
uofm 0

Obviously, that's a joke.

It's really unfortunate we're so awful because I'm not convinced uofm is an elite team this year - they may be but they haven't faced a decent offense all year - I'm sure they're defense is good but its far from tested. They haven't faced a decent defense all year either. If we were even just a mediocre team this could be a chance to catch them off guard especially if they're not as good as they're hyped up to be. I'm not buying the 'we'll be ready' and 'we're taking them seriously' talk coming out of Ann Arbor. That's all just lip service crap. I think 90% of that roster is looking ahead knowing this game is a cakewalk and they could beat us in their sleep. They see what we see so why would they think otherwise? On paper, this matchup is as lopsided as this rivalry has been in my lifetime.

The problem is they can do that and still win this game because we don't have a decent defense or a decent offense or decent special teams - we're not even close to mediocre. This team is all kids of bad from top to bottom and everywhere in between.

Last edited:
2002 with Bobby Williams getting drubbed 49-3 and then getting fired/team going 4-8, I was 10, too young to have much of an opinion honestly. I remember bits and pieces but definitely don?t think I was tuning in every week/every snap.

2006 when JLS got fired I still would watch each week but the second it got out of hand I stopped watching (this backfired on me when they came back from 38-3 against northwestern)

2018-2019 I?d given up hope on Dantonio/his idiotic assistants (some things never change) and remember actively rooting for the opponent a couple of times in hopes that he?d get fired or resign

2020 completely was uninterested in the whole season. I made zero effort to watch most games, if MSU got down a couple scores I?d stop watching completely.

I?m so tired of this team. I wasn?t even excited when Tucker was still around. Can?t wait until this season is over and then hope for the best hire.

I?m so tired of this team. I wasn?t even excited when Tucker was still around. Can?t wait until this season is over and then hope for the best hire.

Same here, this has nothing to do with the Tucker situation. This team would be garbage even without that controversy.

There has to be a complete and total house cleaning. Barnett is obviously not a good head coach, coordinator or position coach. He needs to go. Jay Johnson is a bumb, Scotty Hazelton is garbage. Seriously does Hazelton even know what a blitz is? Obviously he knows what a fake blitz is - it?s gotten to the point where I laugh when we show blitz on 3rd and long because I know we?re only rushing 4 and Haladay is gonna be 2 yds behind the TE if he actually moves to cover someone and at least 1 receiver will be open down field.

Every team and position group sucks - WRs are probably the best thing about this team and they?re average B1G at best. There are a couple players on defense that are legit B1G starters but for the most part they?re MAC level talent at best. The o-line is atrocious and like the d-backs have been a problem for years now. I feel bad for Carter for having to run behind them - he?s probably our best player on offense.

This program is so deep in the hole it?s going to take half a decade to recover from the state it?s in.

Last edited:
Back