Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Whoa - Mark Schlissel fired

Michchamp

Holy shit:
Update 7:50 PM: The Board of Regents released a letter transmitted to Schlissel informing him of his termination. In it, the regents outlined their justification for firing him, citing messages sent from his University email to a subordinate. Because the regents fired Schlissel for cause, he will no longer receive the golden parachute he and the regents negotiated when he announced he would resign in 2023.​

He was already on thin ice. apparently decided he would stomp
on it to find out just how thin it was

Mary Sue Coleman returning as interim president to fill in.

this is wild

He was a lame duck, anyway. I thought his last day was supposed to be June 1st?

Oh, just checked, June 1st 2023. He's a turd, so, fuck him.

Last edited:
He was a lame duck, anyway. I thought his last day was supposed to be June 1st?

Oh, just checked, June 1st 2023. He's a turd, so, fuck him.

The Regents had already negotiated that date with him. They were trying to push him out for a variety of reasons (I remember reading about it, but it was hard to parse out what was legit).

I saw some comments on twitter it was ironic he was pushing these sexual assault guidelines that gave the accused less of an opportunity to respond to allegations, so maybe it's fitting inappropriate emails to a subordinate is what did him in.

The part about them firing him immediately and yanking his Golden Parachute is surprising... you just do NOT see that happening to powerful executives anywhere these days, but you should! Usually a guy gets forced to resign, with everyone on both sides signing gag orders so no one can inform the public what happened, issuing a statement praising his leadership, and paying him a huge pile of money to go away.

GO Blue!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the name but I can?t remember the position group coaches.

Is the tight ends?

Wonder how long Schlissel has to vacate the Prez's house on campus?

Any posters who live locally might want to show up and see if he's having an impromptu move-out sale. Bet you could score some cool UM memorabilia on the cheap.

Wonder how long Schlissel has to vacate the Prez's house on campus?

Any posters who live locally might want to show up and see if he's having an impromptu move-out sale. Bet you could score some cool UM memorabilia on the cheap.

It'll be like Old School, but in this case the football team will get to move in. They'll chuck his portrait in the trash and replace it with Harbaugh's.

Back