Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Wings Sign Patrick Kane

Not a huge fan of the signing. Hopefully he scores some good timing goals because I don?t think he?s going to be a huge scorer at this point.

Rumor is only a 1 year deal worth 2.75 million abouts. Seems like a low risk high reward type of deal. Maybe he can recapture some of the magic he had with Debrincat in Chicago, and provide a veteran presence should the Wings go on to the playoffs this year.

Sub 3m only 1 year should be worth that. I wonder what line he goes on.

Not sure how much value he's really going to bring at this point coming off injury.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/38997649/patrick-kane-sign-deal-red-wings-sources-say
'Kane is attempting to become only the third player to come back to the NHL from the invasive hip operation, following defenseman Ed Jovanovski and center Nicklas Backstrom. Jovanovski played only 37 games afterward, and Backstrom recently stepped away from the Washington Capitals 47 games into his attempt amid concerns about how his artificial left hip was holding up, with a return this season unlikely'

So def. concerns but at this price point worth it.

It?s a prove it deal. May as well take a shot and see if his hip can hold up. I like the deal.

Last edited:
Back