Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

You Gotta be Kidding Me?

tinselwolverine

There is literally not a game thread for the UCLA versus MSU play-in game?

And not a single Spartan has posted about the game on any existing thread?

WTF?

I was going to come on the game thread and post that it looks like the Spartans are getting jobbed by the refs…I guess I had to start a thread to make the post myself.

Last edited:
We gave up an offensive rebound off a missed FT that turned into a layup and foul for a three point play to tie the game with 29 seconds left. That sequence sums up this season perfectly.

Last edited:
We gave up an offensive rebound off a missed FT that turned into a layup and foul for a three point play to tie the game with 29 seconds left. That sequence sums up this season perfectly.

During regulation?

There were a couple of fouls - at least - down the stretch in regulation that were just bull crap.

That?s how I saw it anyway.

Yeah, we had a 4 pt lead when we committed a foul w/ :29 left and that’s what happened.

Don’t know about the officiating - I didn’t see the game. was watching score tracker on my phone. Based on total fouls for the game it sounds like they let the kids play a lot more than B1G refs do.

Last edited:
Well I guess losing in overtime to a final 4 team didn't end up being as bad as originally thought.

Also, I was so wrong on the big ten. The entire conference was trash. It was masked by the fact that the acc was even worse. Did any team out play their seed? I guess Maryland and Rutgers since they each won 1 game.

Well I guess losing in overtime to a final 4 team didn't end up being as bad as originally thought.

Also, I was so wrong on the big ten. The entire conference was trash. It was masked by the fact that the acc was even worse. Did any team out play their seed? I guess Maryland and Rutgers since they each won 1 game.

I did think the B1G was overrated all year. All I heard was how great it was when I really didn?t respect anyone not named Michigan Illinois Iowa OSU, 4 great/really good teams and a bunch of teams I perceived as fairly meh to bad. However, I definitely did not expect zero F4 teams and only 1 S16 team.

I watched Gonzaga several times this year, but didn't watch much more from other conferences. As soon as the tourney started, it was apparent right away that the Big Ten wasn't as athletic as most of the other big conferences. The eye test made it apparent that the Big Ten was slower and less athletic. Even watching USC a couple games ago (a 6 seed) I came away thinking, "man, USC has at least 3, maybe 4 players who are more athletic than any player in the whole Big ten." Baylor has the type of long athletes all over the court that the Big Ten just doesn't have. The PAC12 and Big12 just have a mess of those 6-4 to 6-9 wings who can handle the ball and finish at the rim. Big Ten had Dunsumu, Wagner, maybe Henry, and a couple guys from Ohio State that are like that.

UCLA as a really good coach, they like to slow it down and grind it out. That was a bad match up for MSU at the end of our game with them and was a bad matchup for UM the whole game because UM likes to play slow too.

Gonzaga has been on another level all season, maybe Baylor can give them a game, but I doubt it.

Illinois and OSU both have at least 2 kids as athletic as just about anyone. Cockburn is the most athletic 7 footer to come along in a long time. And UCLA wasn't a bad matchup for us - we gave up a 4 point lead with :29 left by giving up an offensive rebound off a missed free throw then fouling the shooter. All that after giving up a bigger lead throughout the second half on bad shot selection and poorly executed offense. We lost because our team has no heart and can't finish, not because UCLA has superior athletes.

Everyone is a bad match up for MSU when you don't have an on floor leader. They have tons of role players that can do things well, but there was never a go to player for when things needed to be calmed down. When your best players(Henry, Watts, Hauser) are the ones making unforced turnovers every single game you'll never be consistent. Even a guy like tum tum would've made this team better. That's saying something lol

Last edited:
Back