Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Ultimate 2013-14 Pistons Game Thread

I think this Pacers game kind of confirms what we already knew about this team. They are improved and more exciting than they have been in years past, but still not a legit contender or elite. We saw an example of the bad side of Josh Smith in this game unfortunately going 5-16 from the field with 4 turnovers and lots of bad shots. That kind of play just won't win you games against the best teams.

The Pacers played together and played well. They didn't waste too many possessions with garbage shots like we had with Smith and Stuckey. Paul George is as good as advertised. Not the end of the world, hopefully the Pistons can continue to get better from here.

I agree, hats off to the Pacers because they hit their shots and played well. But I think we can beat them as well. 2 for 15 or something 3 point shooting is just so bad its unsustainable. Those will sink at a little higher clip.

They didn't run us off the floor or anything, at times it looked like they were about to, and then we would fire right back, just came up short this time.

so far I am disapointed with Josh Smith. He chucks up way too many 3's. He is taking an average of 7 a game and is shooting 25%. His career average is 28%. He should not even be shooting them!

I agree, hats off to the Pacers because they hit their shots and played well. But I think we can beat them as well. 2 for 15 or something 3 point shooting is just so bad its unsustainable. Those will sink at a little higher clip.

They didn't run us off the floor or anything, at times it looked like they were about to, and then we would fire right back, just came up short this time.

2 for 15 from 3-point range will continue to be a possibility in the future if Josh Smith continues to shoot at least 6 3s a game. I think on average we will shoot better than that, especially as Datome gets more playing time, but I don't know if a % that bad from beyond the arc will be as rare as we'd like it to be.

I've enjoyed watching them up until this point. Tonight vs OKC could be ugly or a pleasant surprise. Can't wait.

Halfway through the 1st, blocked shots and turnovers the theme for the Pistons thus far.

Russell Westbrook's game seems to be driving to the basket trying to draw contact. Must have had a talk with Rodney Stuckey in the offseason...

Timeout OKC, 8-0 Piston run, 15-10 the score with 5;37 to go in the 1st

Last edited:
Looks like the Pistons have moved to a 2-3 zone to try and keep the ball away from Ibaka and Westbrook away from the basket.

Thunder counter by putting the better shooter Reggie Jackson in the game for Westbrook.

Last edited:
End of 1, the Pistons halt OKC's 9-0 run with a couple steals and a couple hoops from Josh Smith to finish the quarter. 22-20 Pistons.

Last edited:
Steven Adams is head and shoulders above the Pistons 2nd unit. 6 points for him to start the 2nd.

Rodney Stuckey answers with 6 points of his own, 31-30 OKC at first media timeout in the 2nd. Watching the badass Pistons drumline in the meantime...

Last edited:
Still have yet to see KCP. Coach Cheeks prefers Bynum, Datome, Stuckey and Singler.

Last edited:
5 minutes to go in the 2nd, Pistons can't hit a 3 (2-10),

43-36 OKC.

Last edited:
55-51 OKC at the half. I'm surprised that the Pistons managed to keep the game this close. They tightened down in the last 2 minutes.

5 games into the season and the offense is still in disarray. We have guys who can score inside and midrange but not many from deep. It's not comforting when the team shoots 3-12 behind the arc and 2 of them are from Josh Smith lol, which is why I think KCP should see more time. Maybe a little less Singler and Bynum. That said, a good majority of the offensive possessions are Jennings and Smith iso's. Hopefully better chemistry comes with time.

Last edited:
Halfway through the 3rd, Jennings starting to dish the ball for a couple of and-ones. 64-60 Pistons.

Durant now heating up, with no one else scoring the Thunder will likely keep going to him down the stretch. 75-74 OKC.

Last edited:
Strong finish for OKC to end the 3rd. A three pointer by Lamb at the buzzer gives the Thunder an 84-76 lead. Steven Adams has had a nice game off the bench: 10-7 and 3 blocks, including a monster rejection of a Jerebko up and under. He could make a case for the starting lineup soon. Durant has 26 points. The Pistons have their work cut out for them in the 4th.

KCP is finally in the game. He needs to see at least 10-15 minutes off the bench from here on out.

OKC answers with a 7-0 run, this time a Pistons timeout. 95-84 with 7:24 left in the 4th.

Back