Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Ultimate 2013-14 Pistons Game Thread

27-21 DET. At the end of 1, Caldwell-Pope and Singler lead the Pistons in scoring. Yes, you read that correctly. KCP is in a position battle to stay in the starting lineup. I Hope it brings the best out in him.

Last edited:
Y'all can stop talking shit about josh smith now.

I'll stop talking shit when he has a FG% not hovering around 40%. As a SF you should be 45% or higher. One game doesn't change the fact that his jumper is meh.

I'll stop talking shit when he has a FG% not hovering around 40%. As a SF you should be 45% or higher. One game doesn't change the fact that his jumper is meh.

Stupid statistics like that are worthless. He had an excellent game today and did everything today.

Stupid statistics like that are worthless. He had an excellent game today and did everything today.

He played very well last night and was a big part of the win. I'll be much happier if he's able to do the same thing on a consistent basis. And FG% is not worthless. Too often Smith takes ill-advised shots that lead to transition baskets for the opposing team.

FG% is worthless?? Come on...I'm not dealing blind hate, I'm thrilled they won and that Smith had a great game. But that's two games out of 8 that I'd say he played a complete game, and the other one he fouled out. lol...FG% is worthless...wtf?

Josh Smith used to be known as J-Smoove but now they just call him Smoove because he doesn't actually possess a J.

All kidding aside, consistency is all most of us ask for.

He played very well last night and was a big part of the win. I'll be much happier if he's able to do the same thing on a consistent basis. And FG% is not worthless. Too often Smith takes ill-advised shots that lead to transition baskets for the opposing team.

I agree 100%

I think that some of the inconsistencies come from us having 8 new players, one new coach and having injuries in the preseason. It takes time to figure out your teammates --- any of us who have played any sort of team-oriented sport knows how it feels to play with people whom you have played with and like.

I meant the 45% you threw out there, not fg%. Your literally complaining about a 3% pct. difference, because on the season he has a 42% overall. And with the other intangibles he brings, blocking shots, rebounding, even making some nice passes, that 3% is pretty moot. And it's a small sample size anyways, what is that, like 5 shots under your golden percentage? Lol.

And his chemistry with Drummond was nice.

Game 9 (11/17/13): Pistons @ Lakers

Game starts at 9:30 eastern

114-99 Final.

- Each of the big four played at least 37 minutes.

- Hill and Blake are apparently All Stars.

- Besides Stuckey the bench isn't doing a damn thing. Singler needs to be in the doghouse; Give Datome and Mitchell some reps.

Can't wait to get back home, even if is against the Knicks.

The defense is absolutely terrible. In their six losses so far the Pistons are giving up on average just under 111 points per game! They are the worst in the league as far as opponents field goal percentage. The three point shooting is even more telling. Pistons are last in the league at making threes shooting 27.2%, while allowing opponents to shoot 39.1% from 3. That is second worst in the league as far as defending the perimeter. The numbers would be even worse if we didn't play an anemic Boston Celtics offense.

Stop somebody!!

Last edited:
this team is absolute shit defensively.

Robin Lopez, Steve Adams, Jermaine O'Neal are all scrubs that lit the Pistons up.

they are the worst defensive Piston team i've seen, which is inexcusable with athletic bigs in Smith and Drummond.

Last edited:
Game 10 (11/19/13): Knicks @ Pistons

Pistons are back home after a 1-3 western conference road trip, going up against a struggling Knicks team

Oh, and today is the 9th anniversary of the "Malice at the Palace"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbZoeyngmMM

When a dumbass fan threw beer at that nutjob Artest.

I do miss the brief Pistons-Pacers rivalry in the early-mid 2000s. Unfortunately the two teams are polar opposites right now, not in a good way for the Pistons.

Last edited:
Oh, and today is the 9th anniversary of the "Malice at the Palace"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbZoeyngmMM

When a dumbass fan threw beer at that nutjob Artest.

I do miss the brief Pistons-Pacers rivalry in the early-mid 2000s. Unfortunately the two teams are polar opposites right now, not in a good way for the Pistons.

I can at least respect the current Pacers who are without punks like Artest/Metta, O'Neal and S Jackson.

Pistons trying to blow their 15 point lead...

15-5 run for the Knicks

Josh Smith hits 1/2 FTs

Knicks down 6 with about 40 seconds left

Back