Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Ultimate 2013-14 Pistons Game Thread

Monroe hits 2 big FTs

Pistons up 6 again, 16 seconds to go

Pistons win 92-86

Snaps 7-game losing streak to the Knicks

With a 4-6 record, the Pistons have moved into 7th place in the East, lol.

The Pistons aren't a particularly good team. But with the East as bad as it is after the top 4 or so teams, you don't need to be good to make the playoffs.

being a shitty team in the east and making the playoffs doesn't make me feel any better. Who cares if they make the playoffs just to get bounced in the first round.

being a shitty team in the east and making the playoffs doesn't make me feel any better. Who cares if they make the playoffs just to get bounced in the first round.

Dumars does.

He knows his job is on the line.

Game 11 (11/20/13): Pistons @ Hawks

Start of a 2-game series with the Hawks tonight

Stuckey with a strong game off the bench so far

Hawks ran away with it in the 4th quarter

Pistons lose 93-85, falling to 4-7

Dumars is betting his job on making the playoffs, which is a pretty stupid way to run a team. We are obviously poorly constructed. Smith and Jennings are admittedly better players than Gordon and Villanueva, but both are just bad fits for this team. Dumars has hit the panic button all over again, and his inability to focus on sustainable long-term success has meant we'll have both little current AND future success.

This team needs a trade in the worst way. Smith or Monroe need to be moved because Cheeks will never change the 3-big lineup that is consistently terrible. Jennings is our new Rodney Stuckey - a painfully flawed player signed for too much, too long, and no real option to take over if he's moved anyway.

Dumars is done, this is his last year here. He has put together another bad team with ZERO direction, he's just throwing shit at the wall hoping it will stick.

Dumars is betting his job on making the playoffs, which is a pretty stupid way to run a team. We are obviously poorly constructed. Smith and Jennings are admittedly better players than Gordon and Villanueva, but both are just bad fits for this team. Dumars has hit the panic button all over again, and his inability to focus on sustainable long-term success has meant we'll have both little current AND future success.

This team needs a trade in the worst way. Smith or Monroe need to be moved because Cheeks will never change the 3-big lineup that is consistently terrible. Jennings is our new Rodney Stuckey - a painfully flawed player signed for too much, too long, and no real option to take over if he's moved anyway.

I agree that the big 3 lineup is just not going to work, our offense just does not go when all 3 of them are in. I do think if we are going to trade anybody it needs to be Monroe. Drummond and Smith are both more athletic and better defensively, and both have strengths offensively very similar to Monroe right around the rim. Sure Monroe has a nice low post game, but he gets stuffed a lot because he goes up very weak for a big man. Monroe is a softie all the way. I just don't think he has a complete game.

I agree that the big 3 lineup is just not going to work, our offense just does not go when all 3 of them are in. I do think if we are going to trade anybody it needs to be Monroe. Drummond and Smith are both more athletic and better defensively, and both have strengths offensively very similar to Monroe right around the rim. Sure Monroe has a nice low post game, but he gets stuffed a lot because he goes up very weak for a big man. Monroe is a softie all the way. I just don't think he has a complete game.

I don't like Smith's game. He may be a good defender but he is a inefficient scorer and he shoots WAY too many 3's. Another great 0-4 night from behind the arc.

Nice game J-SMOOVE! 20 minutes, 0-7 shooting and no points. This guy is a POS

Remember, we just call him Smoove now, because he has no J.

Where's that Josh Smith nut hugger that was telling us to repent our trash talk of this all world talent??

Nice game J-SMOOVE! 20 minutes, 0-7 shooting and no points. This guy is a POS

no, the POS is Joe Dumars for signing Smith to play SF when that is not his position, he's a PF.

Josh Smith is a good player, but he cannot shoot. not his fault he is forced to play that way because of the way the team is constructed.

they need to trade Smith or Monroe for a REAL SF.

Dumars is done, this is his last year here. He has put together another bad team with ZERO direction, he's just throwing shit at the wall hoping it will stick.

more of your intelligence huh?????

I have no problem with smith shooting 3's at a 1-3 clip if in the same lineup as Drummond and Monroe. My problem is when throws up 3's when he is PF. When he's PF he needs to get in the post and bang because he has a strong post game. He has great success when he makes the right decisions, he just has to be a little more thoughtful of what position he's playing and who he's on the floor with.

Back