Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Ultimate 2013-14 Pistons Game Thread

Tom, I want to hear why you think Josh doesn't fit but Greg does? Monroe and Drummond do the same thing, and need to be in the same place, except Drummond is bigger, much more athletic, and is a good defender and will end up being a more rounded offensive player to boot. Smith is different from both of these players, as he actually has range.

The biggest reason Smith hasn't been as effective as he can be is because Monroe is occupying the spot he needs to be in. Smith blocks shots, rebounds, shoots, has post game, and can play defense. Monroe does some of those things but arguably nothing better than Smith does. It only makes sense to try and grab a athletic shooting wing for Monroe and an expiring.

Monroe is a plodder and our team is OBVIOUSLY.....a transition team that flounders in halfcourt as many have noticed. Monroe is not a transition player he slows things down. He goes against what the team is being built for. You'll see when Joe D trades him, or he simply walks. I don't believe hes getting extended and well be better for it.

Also, the team has 8 new players, no way they would figure it out an eight of the season in. Going to take till all star break probably. You guys might have changed tune a little when we are over .500.

Tom, I want to hear why you think Josh doesn't fit but Greg does? Monroe and Drummond do the same thing, and need to be in the same place, except Drummond is bigger, much more athletic, and is a good defender and will end up being a more rounded offensive player to boot. Smith is different from both of these players, as he actually has range.

The biggest reason Smith hasn't been as effective as he can be is because Monroe is occupying the spot he needs to be in. Smith blocks shots, rebounds, shoots, has post game, and can play defense. Monroe does some of those things but arguably nothing better than Smith does. It only makes sense to try and grab a athletic shooting wing for Monroe and an expiring.

Monroe is a plodder and our team is OBVIOUSLY.....a transition team that flounders in halfcourt as many have noticed. Monroe is not a transition player he slows things down. He goes against what the team is being built for. You'll see when Joe D trades him, or he simply walks. I don't believe hes getting extended and well be better for it.

since the Pistons best player (from last years roster) is not an up tempo guy why are they trying to make it an up tempo type of team. As far as J-SMOOVE...his range sucks. I would rather have Drummond and Monroe and their efficient scoring than J-SMOOVE shooting 25% on outside shots! Add in his bad attitude and that is why the Pistons got him in free agency. All of the J-SMOOVE fans say he is a top 5-10 PF. If that was the case he certainly would have been given a max offer somewhere. Instead Joe D does what he usually does...signs a FA that nobody else wants. Ben Gordon, Charlie V, J-SMOOVE are his most recent big signings. Nice work!

since the Pistons best player (from last years roster) is not an up tempo guy why are they trying to make it an up tempo type of team. As far as J-SMOOVE...his range sucks. I would rather have Drummond and Monroe and their efficient scoring than J-SMOOVE shooting 25% on outside shots! Add in his bad attitude and that is why the Pistons got him in free agency. All of the J-SMOOVE fans say he is a top 5-10 PF. If that was the case he certainly would have been given a max offer somewhere. Instead Joe D does what he usually does...signs a FA that nobody else wants. Ben Gordon, Charlie V, J-SMOOVE are his most recent big signings. Nice work!

this is also a guy that delievered 6 straight ECFs 2 finals apperances and 1 title

Game 14 (11/25/13): Bucks @ Pistons

Another game against a struggling team

Brandon vs Brandon

I think Monroe is a great player he is just negated by somebody better that does the same thing in Drummond, who has a defensive game too.

That was an awful 3 chuck by Charlie V, but they're up a ton so I guess it doesn't matter.

Pistons up 31 now with 4 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.

Milwaukee looks just terrible, turnovers everywhere, bricks, they were even missing layups.

99-79 final. Outscored 48-26 in the 2nd half, 2-12 from downtown, 9-19 From the line. 25 points for Stuckey.

Last edited:
4th Quarter collapse, up 99-91, the Lakers storm back and win 106-102. FT shooting not only a thorn, but an iron maiden at 13-25.

Fuck you Josh Smith.

Smith did so much today, your obviously not knowledgeable about basketball in the slightest bit. A bad offense day doesnt mean a bad game, when he did pretty much everything else you could ask from a player.

19 rebounds
7 OFF rebounds
5 steals
8 assists
2 blocks
8 points

Are you fucking kidding me? Josh Smith did work today. AND he didn't take stupid shots, and only took 1 3 pointer, in which he was wide open.

Theres a reason he played 44 minutes today.

Smith did so much today, your obviously not knowledgeable about basketball in the slightest bit. A bad offense day doesnt mean a bad game, when he did pretty much everything else you could ask from a player.

19 rebounds
7 OFF rebounds
5 steals
8 assists
2 blocks
8 points

Are you fucking kidding me? Josh Smith did work today. AND he didn't take stupid shots, and only took 1 3 pointer, in which he was wide open.

Theres a reason he played 44 minutes today.

I said "fuck you Josh Smith." Not, "wow Josh Smith you had such a terrible game, you suck." If you were around when the game was on, you'd know it was directed towards his final (awful) offensive possession.

You're like his own personal condom on these forums. Get off his dick already, he doesn't need protection.

Back