Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Ultimate 2013-14 Pistons Game Thread

I like how the team doesn't quit and plays hard even though their record was going into the gutter for a minute.

Nice win, obviously our best of the year competition wise. I'd like to see this team rattle off a nice little stretch of games, instead of hovering just below .500 all the time. Maybe go something like 4-1 in a 5 game stretch, or 5-2 over their next 7? That would indicate progress to me, that the team is starting to gel and people are starting to know their roles a bit better. I still don't know quite what to make of this team yet.

Drummond is a monster. It makes you wonder why he didn't play more as a rookie.

Drummond is a monster. It makes you wonder why he didn't play more as a rookie.

I had no problem with it, guards can be thrown into the fire but young bigs need to be handled with care. We could tell all last season how good Drummond was, the important thing was to keep him healthy and energized.

From what I remember it was a conditioning issue.

Frank made up multiple excuses throughout the year. Given Joe D has never allowed tanking on his watch, it was more likely just a coaching blunder that Frank continued to defend to hold onto what little semblance of integrity that he had.

Game 19 (12/4/13): Pistons @ Bucks

Pistons crushed them last time, hopefully they can repeat that performance

Fuck Josh Smith, Fuck Greg Monroe. This is the Andre Drummond show.

Our PG needs to shoot better, less than 40% for the season is not going to make it.

But Greg had a good game too

Yeah he did, it seems like it's always one of those two we're bitching about while Drummond is just going about his business like a freaking terror.

So I'm done complaining about those two, waste of time. Just going to sit back and appreciate Drummond while he's here.

Yeah he did, it seems like it's always one of those two we're bitching about while Drummond is just going about his business like a freaking terror.

So I'm done complaining about those two, waste of time. Just going to sit back and appreciate Drummond while he's here.

I agree, Drummond has sort of transformed his game from good to excellent overnight. Not a coincidence that as Drummond gets more involved, and Jennings gets it to him more, he lifts our whole team.

I think Jennings has grown too, he has had some gaudy assist totals, controlled the offense pretty well, and rewarded the big guys down low and in transition. He has shown a lot of willingness to pass unlike in Milwaukee. The offense is just better when he's point instead of siva, who by the way, I think should be sent to the d-league if he continues his play. He is a scrub.

And Kyle singler has really been the unsung hero of the last couple games, probably our best 3 pt player who can also drive the ball.

Found this on a Grantland article. Here's Josh Smith's shot chart so far if anyone's interested...

smith_josh_g_mp_576.jpg

I'm really happy with singler and KCP lately. Singler is hitting all his shots and making teams pay for aggressively helping on D and leaving him open. KCP is playing his role well and picking good shots and actually making them.

.500!

Back