Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Ultimate 2013-14 Pistons Game Thread

Trade Jennings and restart the Stuckey PG experiment

I clearly said IF they fail to make the playoffs and Dumars pays Monroe a fat contract then I will be done watching them until he's fired.

You could use some better reading comprehension.

and u could use some education as usual. why else would u have 25 IDS in one 6 months on the espn boards

Missed the pistons for 5 or so games, and it seems they've lost every one lol.

Happy New Years guys.

I don't get this team

They go into Indiana and hand the Pacers their first home loss, then go onto lose 5 of 7, with losses to below .500 teams like the Wizards, Magic, and Bobcats, and wins over Cleveland and Boston.

The losses haven't been that close either
Lost by 10 to the Bobcats
17 to the Rockets
17 to the Magic
24 and 7 to the Wizards

The 4th quarter has also been an issue lately
Up 89-75 against the Bobcats, Bobcats outscore them 41-17 in the 4th, win by 10
Up 87-78 against the Wizards, Wizards outscore them 28-12 in the 4th, win by 7

grandy, they aren't a good team. But even bad teams get lucky now and again. The Pacers weren't going to win all 42 of their home games, and they were bound to have a bad game eventually. One of our better games coincided with one of their bad ones, and we got the win. One win shouldn't be used to judge the entire team.

The fact that we are getting blown out actually says more than the win in Indiana. Getting blown out consistently is one of the quickest ways to spot bad teams. Good teams will lose big a few times a year, but not consistently.

Also, the fourth quarter is a problem because teams lock in defensively and can apply adjustments. This team is painfully easy to defend for one quarter at a time, all you have to do is pack the paint. Opposing teams generally don't do it all game because they will start with their base schemes, and packing the paint for long stretches requires playing more bigs which not everyone has decent depth for.

Thanks, guess I got my hopes up when they went on a winning stretch earlier this past month.

Dumars assembled this crap roster, and deserves the blame. Why he would get Josh Smith and expect him to play out of position is mind boggling. At SF he is expected to make shots from the perimeter and that's a major weakness in his game. 1 of Monroe or Smith HAS to go, and I would prefer it be Monroe, since i believe his game is more suited at Center, but we have Drummond who has much more upside. He is a poor defender and I just think Smith brings more to the table and would be more efficient playing the PF as he has a solid back to the basket game. Jennings is another problem because he gives up dribble penetration routinely and it gets our bigs in foul trouble, and he goes into chuck mode in the 4th and our offense stagnates.

mkeep in mind that dumars did deliever 6 straight ECFs and 2 Finals including one title

I'm well aware of it.

That's all Dumars has is the past, he's been a flat out BAD GM for years now. I wonder how much of a hand Dumars REALLY had in assembling that team. If he didn't fuck up the Darko pick the Pistons still would have been competitive, just a stupid pick by Dumars.

He has really done nothing to improve the Pistons since then. Traded away some quality players for garbage, like Afflalo who is playing like an All Star, for a 2nd rounder that never panned out, Billups for Iverson, he thought Stuckey was going to be the PG of the future, another big blunder by Dumars that set the Pistons back even more. It's looking like Khris Middleton is a rotation player, he can really shoot. He should be this team's starting SF right now. He is very lucky Drummond fell into his lap in the draft 2 years ago.

They haven't made the playoffs in 4 years, could be 5 this year, and the Pistons are at the bottom of the league in attendance the past 3 seasons. I'd argue Dumars should have been fired years ago, when he traded Billups for Iverson, that should have been his final nail in the coffin, trading away the guy that led you to all those ECF's for a malcontent chucker like Iverson.

Dumars apologists have nothing but the distant past to fall back in, the fact is he has been a terrible GM for years and should be fired.

Game 34 (1/5/14): Grizzlies @ Pistons

Probably going to be about 10 people at the game

I'm well aware of it.

That's all Dumars has is the past, he's been a flat out BAD GM for years now. I wonder how much of a hand Dumars REALLY had in assembling that team. If he didn't fuck up the Darko pick the Pistons still would have been competitive, just a stupid pick by Dumars.

He has really done nothing to improve the Pistons since then. Traded away some quality players for garbage, like Afflalo who is playing like an All Star, for a 2nd rounder that never panned out, Billups for Iverson, he thought Stuckey was going to be the PG of the future, another big blunder by Dumars that set the Pistons back even more. It's looking like Khris Middleton is a rotation player, he can really shoot. He should be this team's starting SF right now. He is very lucky Drummond fell into his lap in the draft 2 years ago.

They haven't made the playoffs in 4 years, could be 5 this year, and the Pistons are at the bottom of the league in attendance the past 3 seasons. I'd argue Dumars should have been fired years ago, when he traded Billups for Iverson, that should have been his final nail in the coffin, trading away the guy that led you to all those ECF's for a malcontent chucker like Iverson.

Dumars apologists have nothing but the distant past to fall back in, the fact is he has been a terrible GM for years and should be fired.

I don't blame him for the Darko pick. At the time he was the concensus #2 pick. I also don't blame him for trading Billups. His biggest mistake was what he did after that. Signing CV and Gordon! I think he got lucky early on when he got Billups and RIP. He made some good moves for a few years but I don't think he has made one single good move in the past 5 years. Time to go!

It simply comes down to "what have you done for me lately". The Pistons winning a championship a decade ago and making the ECFs every year, it's irrelevant to the past few years.

The fact is, the Pistons have finished under .500 in a shitty Eastern conference for 5 straight seasons now and they're headed towards a 6th. Why should a GM keep his job with recent performances like that?

I don't blame him for the Darko pick. At the time he was the concensus #2 pick. I also don't blame him for trading Billups. His biggest mistake was what he did after that. Signing CV and Gordon! I think he got lucky early on when he got Billups and RIP. He made some good moves for a few years but I don't think he has made one single good move in the past 5 years. Time to go!

Someone was going to make a mistake on Darko, but it happened to be Dumars. Sorry, he deserves blame for that pick, plain and simple. You don't just draft a guy because he is 7 ft, especially in a draft with Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh who were proven players in college.

CV and Gordon were joke signings, Gordon wasn't needed because you already had Hamilton under contract, too much money tied into 2 SG's. I remember them trying to run Gordon at the point with his horrible ball handling, LOL.

Same thing with Josh Smith, signing him to be the SF when it's not his position. The guy is a horrible shooter. The Pistons starting roster is basically 2 Centers, a PF playing SF, SG, PG. All of that size and no shooting = Fail. Josh Smith is getting torched by opposing SF. Also his trade for Brandon Jennings reeks of self-preservation, not moves in building a winning culture to the Pistons. There's a reason no other team wanted these guys. This team might not even make the playoffs in a putrid Eastern Conference.

Dumars is just flat out clueless when it comes to putting together a team with pieces that fit, he has put together an unbalanced roster with no identity.

Last edited:
Pistons win and 15-22 puts them back in a playoff position lol

Back