Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Ultimate 2013-14 Pistons Game Thread

The assists were nice but Brandon Jennings is still taking too many 3s. An 0-5 night and another terrible overall game from deep by the entire team. (3-17)

Josh Smith's line the last 5 games:

REB AST STL BLK PTS
10.2 4.4 1.6 2.4 18.8

Last edited:
At least Mo is finally starting to get away from playing Smith/Monroe/Drummond all at the same time. They've been disastrous. The court opens up when Singler is at the 3, instead of Smith. That should help out our defense, too.

They also seem to have added in a few new plays, recently.

Trying to be patient, since we brought in 8 new players and a new head coach and have had a brutally busy schedule, but it isn't easy haha.

Someone was going to make a mistake on Darko, but it happened to be Dumars. Sorry, he deserves blame for that pick, plain and simple. You don't just draft a guy because he is 7 ft, especially in a draft with Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh who were proven players in college.

Agree that Dumars has been very, very bad, but Darko was a beast, overseas. Showed some great footwork, had an assortment of moves, blocked shots and also had decent range for a center, but from what I've heard, he just didn't put in the work, once he got to the States.

I always wonder what Melo would have been like, if Detroit had drafted him. Would he have been the player who still hasn't become a better passer and is a ball hog, or would have Detroit's veteran team changed him a bit? Chicken/Egg thing, but always interests me.

Agree that Dumars has been very, very bad, but Darko was a beast, overseas. Showed some great footwork, had an assortment of moves, blocked shots and also had decent range for a center, but from what I've heard, he just didn't put in the work, once he got to the States.

I always wonder what Melo would have been like, if Detroit had drafted him. Would he have been the player who still hasn't become a better passer and is a ball hog, or would have Detroit's veteran team changed him a bit? Chicken/Egg thing, but always interests me.

He's been in the league for 10 years. My guess is he would be exactly what he is. Who knows...if they would have drafted him in 2003 maybe they don't win the championship.

Joe Dumars looks like a complete assclown after this game.

Burke - 20 points, 3 rebounds, 12 assists.

Kentavious-Caldwell Pope - 5 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist.

He's the worst GM in the NBA and it's really not even close.

Can't wait til he is fired.

i'm trying to figure out what Cheeks actually does in terms of 'coaching' with the Pistons.

they just go out there and play streetball, and they don't even try to defend anybody.

this team is pathetic from the top to bottom. GM sucks, coach sucks, the players do not fit together.

this is a complete failure by Dumars all around assembling this roster.

Trey Burke. How soon can they fire Dumars, can they do it tonight?

I can't fault Cheeks. I'm not saying he's a good coach, I'm just saying with this shit roster he was bound to fail.

Couldn't believe it when they passed on Burke. During the Draft when the Kings were OTC, Mclemore and Burke were still on the board and I figured the Pistons would come out winners getting one of the 2. Dumars must have thought he was too small. Bull$hit. KCP is a bench 3 point shooter on a contending team. Decent shooting ability to make an impact as of now but not much of a ceiling.

I actually like Kentavious Caldwell Pope, he seems to have a strong work ethic and desire to be a good NBA player. He's already a good defender and has some shooting ability, but the reality is he was not the best player available in the draft and let's not act like we didn't need a point guard. Brandon Knight is not a point guard and is probably suited to be a 6th man with him being a Shooting Guard in a Point Guards body. Jennings is a good passer, but he relies too much on outside shooting and he doesn't have the ability to finish nor much of a midrange game like Burke has. KCP is just simply not a better player/prospect than Burke. Dumars messed that draft pick up, once again. I really don't feel comfortable with him making decisions for the Pistons franchise anymore, he needs to go ASAP. I love what he did here as a player and a GM but his time has come to an end, too many poor decisions he has made and the Pistons have not only been AWFUL, but have just been boring to watch on top of that over the last 5 years.

I actually like Kentavious Caldwell Pope, he seems to have a strong work ethic and desire to be a good NBA player. He's already a good defender and has some shooting ability, but the reality is he was not the best player available in the draft and let's not act like we didn't need a point guard. Brandon Knight is not a point guard and is probably suited to be a 6th man with him being a Shooting Guard in a Point Guards body. Jennings is a good passer, but he relies too much on outside shooting and he doesn't have the ability to finish nor much of a midrange game like Burke has. KCP is just simply not a better player/prospect than Burke. Dumars messed that draft pick up, once again. I really don't feel comfortable with him making decisions for the Pistons franchise anymore, he needs to go ASAP. I love what he did here as a player and a GM but his time has come to an end, too many poor decisions he has made and the Pistons have not only been AWFUL, but have just been boring to watch on top of that over the last 5 years.

who would you have wanted vs. Pope?

Game 41 (1/20/14): Clippers @ Pistons

1pm game today

Back